Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Police Road King FLHP

Old 07-31-2015, 09:52 AM
RK_Ming
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PoliceKing08
Thanks for the feedback. Let me know if the seat ends up still being available.

Guy never responded. Seat is still available. Great seat. I just have 3 others in the garage, so I don't need it. PM me if interested.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:09 AM
skypilot_one
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Recycled
I know we are all different, have different views on what looks good, and use our scoots for different purposes, so this is only my opinion. If I were you, I would give that police solo seat some *** time. Without spending the big bucks, its hard to replace it with anything more comfortable for long days in the saddle. You can outfit your FLHP with easily found accessories with quick detach hardware and be ready for any occasion in just a few minutes.
I've never gotten any complaints about the comfort of the Mustang "pillion" either.
Here's just a few pics of a few different configurations, for different purposes. Works for me. Good luck with whatever you choose!
Where did you get the rider backrest that works with the Police seat? That's cool!

Old 07-31-2015, 11:15 AM
Recycled
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skypilot_one
Where did you get the rider backrest that works with the Police seat? That's cool!

That is a "Utopia" backrest, made especially for police solo seats. Its adjustable and great for long trips.
The pic below shows the mustang pillion with the HD quick detach backrest. I scored both, as a package, used from Ebay for $100. I didn't really care for the jewelry on them, they didn't match the bike but couldn't pass up a great deal.
The luggage rack fits, behind the passenger backrest, using the "off the shelf" HD "4 point" quick connect/detach hardware. I can remove the backrest and luggage rack in seconds and replace with the aftermarket tour pack if the need arises. Most of the time, locally, I ride solo with only the police solo seat.
I refer to the total package as the "Swiss Army Knife of Police Bikes".

Attached Thumbnails Police Road King FLHP-seats-002.jpg  

Last edited by Recycled; 07-31-2015 at 11:40 AM.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:52 PM
skypilot_one
Road Captain

The seat rail looks really nice too! Who makes that?

Old 07-31-2015, 05:07 PM
HotRod9mm
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RK_Ming

Not to hijack the OP's thread, but was it much of an issue installing the 2014-15 bags?

Get many officers asking for your autograph with the current no plate setup?

Old 08-04-2015, 12:07 AM
RK_Ming
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HotRod9mm
Not to hijack the OP's thread, but was it much of an issue installing the 2014-15 bags?

Get many officers asking for your autograph with the current no plate setup?

mines a 2014. so it came with the new bags
This pic was snapped before putting on a soft brake license plate relocation bracket under the tail light.

Old 08-17-2015, 12:05 PM
skypilot_one
Road Captain

Recycled, I gotta say, I love your bike and it's versatility.

Last edited by skypilot_one; 08-17-2015 at 12:09 PM.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:03 PM
skypilot_one
Road Captain

Ordered the Utopia backrest today. Recycled, Which Kong did you use? I'm about 220#

Old 08-17-2015, 08:44 PM
Recycled
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skypilot_one
Ordered the Utopia backrest today. Recycled, Which Kong did you use? I'm about 220#

Thanks for the compliment skypilot_one.

I'm 250 lbs using a Large Red Kong mounted in a new hole that I drilled, right at the bend in the T-bar. This is necessary for '07 and earlier bikes, to keep the Kong perpendicular. Its been on the bike 4 years now and is just about broke in with excellent spring action. I drilled several 3/8" holes around the circumference of the Kong to give it a little more spring action. Kind of fine tuned it for my weight. They drill easily after being frozen. The Kong is bolted to the T-bar and raises with the seat when pivoted up. There is no need to fasten the bottom. It just seats on the frame cross support where the air bag was removed from. Its a very solid mounting as well and can't move from center. Hope that helps explain how mine was done.

In answer to: ... where did the seat rail come from? I got it from forum sponsor J&P Cycles. I mounted it directly to the seat pan using 4 rivnuts. Its a very solid mounting. In the J&P Cycles link below, they have a bracket available for mounting the seat rail on a police solo seat. I found that it is not needed. The "rivnuts" work fine.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/8000321

Just a cautionary note, when drilling for the rivnuts, use a drill stop to prevent going right through your seat. The drill bit has a tendency to grab & corkscrew through the sheet metal rather quickly.

Attached Thumbnails Police Road King FLHP-seat-rail-utopia-mustang-fit-037.jpg  

Last edited by Recycled; 08-17-2015 at 10:03 PM. Reason: added tip
Old 08-17-2015, 08:57 PM
skypilot_one
Road Captain

Thank you for clarifying the Kong mount. I'm looking forward to getting a air ride seat back on my FLHPI. Passengers like the Tall boy passenger seating comfort. I'm going to see if I can get it cut and modded to work as a passenger pillion...?? Need a Kong ride for them too.

Last edited by skypilot_one; 08-17-2015 at 09:53 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Police Road King FLHP