Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Police Road King FLHP

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 09:11 PM
Recycled
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skypilot_one
Did you drill a new hole at the bend in the bracket for the Kong bolt?

Yes I did. I went back and edited my last post, to include that info.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:33 PM
skypilot_one
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What size rivnuts did you use to mount the seat rail? I like the seat rail but will see if I can find one used. Any photos of the Kong tuning holes? Sorry for all the questions...

Last edited by skypilot_one; 08-18-2015 at 03:39 PM.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:42 PM
Recycled
Road Captain

Originally Posted by skypilot_one
What size rivnuts did you use to mount the seat rail? I like the seat rail but will see if I can find one used. Any photos of the Kong tuning holes? Sorry for all the questions...

The riv-nut gun came with several different sizes. I used the 1/4"x20 in aluminum. I have the same size in steel as well. Its a handy tool to have.

Nope, no pics of the compression holes I drilled.

Anyone looking for an '09up police solo seat with all the pieces including the rail? This is a great deal: http://www.retiredpolicebikes.com/in...463&Itemid=176 :if its still available. I noticed that you have seen that one already. Wrong year but the seat itself will fit on an earlier T-bar and then fit your bike.

Last edited by Recycled; 08-18-2015 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:50 PM
ryan06
Tourer

Received 135 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Recycled
I know we are all different, have different views on what looks good, and use our scoots for different purposes, so this is only my opinion. If I were you, I would give that police solo seat some *** time. Without spending the big bucks, its hard to replace it with anything more comfortable for long days in the saddle. You can outfit your FLHP with easily found accessories with quick detach hardware and be ready for any occasion in just a few minutes.
I've never gotten any complaints about the comfort of the Mustang "pillion" either.
Here's just a few pics of a few different configurations, for different purposes. Works for me. Good luck with whatever you choose!
Like the way you have that set up. What is that round chrome thing on the right side saddlebag guard?

Old 08-18-2015, 10:41 PM
Recycled
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ryan06
Like the way you have that set up. What is that round chrome thing on the right side saddlebag guard?

Thanks for the compliment!

Well since this thread is already off track, I can tell you about the "round chrome thing".

Several years ago, a friend and myself were having a light hearted discussion about "guardian bells/gremlin bells" and their purpose. Another friend joined us near the end of the conversation, in time to hear that the bells should be given to you from someone who cares and has your safe keeping in mind.
A few weeks later the late to the conversation friend presented me with this largest bicycle bell that I've ever seen. It rings with a very loud DING DONG.
I thanked him for the kind gift, mounted it on my bike and its been there ever since.

Old 08-19-2015, 12:48 PM
trunomad
Cruiser
Default o8 solo seat

I'd be interested in buying that police solo if its for sale

Old 08-19-2015, 01:09 PM
Recycled
Road Captain

Originally Posted by trunomad
I'd be interested in buying that police solo if its for sale

You would have to contact the seller on the Retired Police Bike site, either by replying to his post or by sending him a PM (private message).

Old 08-25-2015, 12:56 AM
skypilot_one
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a large Kong but when I sat on the seat the rubber bumpers were almost touching the frame rails so I picked up an XL in red. Drilled and tapped the bracket just behind the bend then installed a 1/2"-13 button head screw. I'm going to test it tomorrow, weather permitting.

Still waiting on the Utopia backrest and grab rail.