Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CCE triple tree and Traxxion Cartridges

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 12:34 AM
skypilot_one
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not too far.. I went the Traxxion route because they are Made in the USA. If I was to do it again I would go with the CCE tree and tubes and probably the Race Tech emulators and heavy duty springs to start. You're welcome to try it out.

Last edited by skypilot_one; 08-23-2015 at 06:32 AM.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:27 AM
fullautomike
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts
Default CCE triple tree and Traxxion Cartridges

Originally Posted by skypilot_one
I went the Traxxion route because they are Made in the USA. If I was to do it again I would go with the CCE tree and tubes and probably the Race Tech emulators and heavy duty springs to start. You're welcome to try it out.
Why the Race Techs? I'm asking because I don't have any experience with front end suspension options. Thanks for the offer!

Last edited by IzzoQuazzo; 08-23-2015 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:04 AM
shakrr
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I didn't see where you modified the upper tube did you grind off or use a lathe, I sent my forks to them for the install for that reason
I also went from race tech gold with stock tree, then added the cce top trees, then to the AK-20 and there is a big difference with each piece installed

Old 08-23-2015, 12:26 PM
skypilot_one
Road Captain

Last edited by skypilot_one; 08-23-2015 at 12:30 PM.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:29 PM
skypilot_one
Road Captain

Originally Posted by shakrr
I didn't see where you modified the upper tube did you grind off or use a lathe, I sent my forks to them for the install for that reason
I also went from race tech gold with stock tree, then added the cce top trees, then to the AK-20 and there is a big difference with each piece installed
I purchased the CCE kit and had it shipped to Traxxion who machined off the lip on the bottom end inclusive of the cartridge price. I could have done it myself or CCE would have done it had I realized they are only removing the rolled in edge.

Do you remember what spring rates they installed in your forks? mine are 1.15 and 1.20

Old 08-23-2015, 01:44 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,378 Likes on 4,003 Posts

Thanks for the write up.... !

This is looking like a good combo....

I'd really like to get Howard's 49mm front end trees, but every time I get close to having the $$ saved, life gets in the way and part of the fund gets robbed. I could have afforded this combo a couple times, along the way...

Thanks again...

Old 08-23-2015, 05:47 PM
shakrr
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Skypilot I do not know the spring rate, I gave dan all my info for weight I will call him and ask what he did, we ended up doing a little shorter length on the build but still have the full travel which is a little longer than stock to compensate for their top nut with the damper screw to clear my 1.5" bars so I would be around .5" lower stance through the cce top tree

Old 08-28-2015, 08:18 AM
skypilot_one
Road Captain

I have a couple hundred miles on the new suspension. The handling is great, tight and connected, tracks perfectly. Much more relaxing ride. The compression seems a little stiff, however I haven't contacted Traxxion yet, they may have an answer.

Last edited by skypilot_one; 08-28-2015 at 08:24 AM.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:31 AM
skypilot_one
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hattitude
Thanks for the write up.... !

This is looking like a good combo....

I'd really like to get Howard's 49mm front end trees, but every time I get close to having the $$ saved, life gets in the way and part of the fund gets robbed. I could have afforded this combo a couple times, along the way...

Thanks again...

As far as last reported, Howard's trees are not available. Not sure how you use an older fender with the new sliders. I would have gone that route if available as it would seem to be the best. However, if it doesn't exist....

Old 08-28-2015, 09:28 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,378 Likes on 4,003 Posts

Originally Posted by skypilot_one
As far as last reported, Howard's trees are not available. Not sure how you use an older fender with the new sliders. I would have gone that route if available as it would seem to be the best. However, if it doesn't exist....
My bad, I thought they were available now, but I haven't called Howard. I wanted to wait until I had the cash before taking up his time....

it would appear the front fender is the easy part of the swap;

Thanks again for your efforts. Someone always has to go first. I think CCE/Traxxion is going to be a good choice as well..

Quick Reply: CCE triple tree and Traxxion Cartridges