Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CCE triple tree and Traxxion Cartridges

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 02:33 AM
skypilot_one
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TJ316,

I have the email from Howard dated Dec 2014 stating they fit only Road Glides and he was waiting until they fit all bikes including Road Kings.

If it's true Howard's trees and stem bolt are available for sale for pre '14 Road Kings, and Street Glides, I will be happy for the lucky recipients.

Last edited by skypilot_one; 08-31-2015 at 09:42 PM. Reason: tone
Old 08-29-2015, 04:12 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tj316
....and the statement you don't need Ducati grade forks for an Fl I disagree with too , my opinion is you should put the best suspension on your bike both front and rear that your wallet can afford ....
Amen to that! I've said before that CVO dressers should come with the equivalent of Ohlins' top shelf products and nothing less. Then the Harley world will wake up! I bought a new FXDXT in 2003 which had fully adjustable suspension both ends (springs and both ways damping), but as a model it didn't last long. Harley owners can be such heathens......

Old 08-30-2015, 08:16 AM
fullautomike
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts
Default CCE triple tree and Traxxion Cartridges

Originally Posted by grbrown
Well done SP, a good read and quickly done as well! There is a 'third way', courtesy of Howard, using Ohlins FKC101 cartridges in a CCE kit which I am investigating at present. Been away from home a lot lately (well it is summer!) and have hit a snag. I have the solution, but not yet finally fixed and built, so more news when I have it cracked. Another member has reported that CCE can now provide their kit ready to take FKC101s.
This is what I'm thinking about doing. CCE trees and Ohlin FKC 101. What mods if any need to be done to my fork tubes of sliders?
Great write up SP!!

Old 08-30-2015, 10:05 AM
skypilot_one
Road Captain

Originally Posted by fullautomike
This is what I'm thinking about doing. CCE trees and Ohlin FKC 101. What mods if any need to be done to my fork tubes of sliders?
Great write up SP!!
Thanks.

When you buy the CCE Tree you get new longer tubes with them. Call CCE regarding the Ohlins. They do have nuts for Progressive monotubes.

Old 08-30-2015, 10:16 AM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 476 Likes on 124 Posts

Great write up SP!!
CCE now has the nuts for the Ohlins FKC 101 they are not listed yet so you have to call them , the Ohlins are 25mm cartridges

Old 08-30-2015, 10:21 AM
fullautomike
Road Master

Originally Posted by skypilot_one
Thanks.

When you buy the CCE Tree you get new longer tubes with them. Call CCE regarding the Ohlins. They do have nuts for Progressive monotubes.
Are the top nuts longer to compensate for the longer tubes? If not, what does?
Thanks guys

Old 08-30-2015, 04:48 PM
skypilot_one
Road Captain

Back to the thread topic. Had the chance to go for another few hundred miles this weekend on familiar back roads. The tracking and handling are great. Tar snakes filling cracks in the road no longer feel slippery, I thought it was my tires. The bike feels very capable now.

BTW,

The intent of this thread was to show that it's not difficult to properly install CCE top tree, forks and cartridges on a 1997-2013 bike.

Last edited by skypilot_one; 08-31-2015 at 08:18 AM.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:04 PM
fullautomike
Road Master

Back to the thread topic. Had the chance to go for another few hundred miles this weekend on familiar back roads. The tracking and handling are great. Tar snakes filling cracks in the road no longer feel slippery, I thought it was my tires. The bike feels very capable now.
Sounds great! I'm going to start to buy everything I need for my CCE trees and Ohlin FKC 101 job! Thanks for all the info

Last edited by fullautomike; 08-30-2015 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:44 PM
skypilot_one
Road Captain

Sounds great!
Did you "rebuild " your forks too? Is this good stuff? 41mm
I reused my sliders after cleaning them. Other than that, all new parts from Traxxion, CCE and Harley. I think there's a photo of the parts I used...

Old 08-30-2015, 09:59 PM
fullautomike
Road Master

I reused my sliders after cleaning them. Other than that, all new parts from Traxxion, CCE and Harley. I think there's a photo of the parts I used...
Yes, sorry I just edited my post as you were posting this. I looked at the photo's on my laptop, I've been reading the forum on my phone. I'll go with Harley parts too

Quick Reply: CCE triple tree and Traxxion Cartridges