Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any good or bad reviews of cornerstone esp plans?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 09:20 AM
angelrod
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only if ESP office are already closed when you wanna get it fix right away .let say your in a different time zone . But they will take care of it the next Business day . It happen to me twice .

Old 02-09-2016, 04:52 PM
cwsharp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 112 Posts

Why does everyone call these "extended service plans"? Am I mistaken or aren't these just "extended warranty plans"?

The last time I bought a new bike (2005) I think I recall that there were both warranty and service plans available... but I didn't get either since I did all the work on my own bike.

Since Canbus and BCMs were added I decided that I won't be able to service much of anything major that's going on... so I bought the plan... which ever one it is... and I still have to change my brake pads, oil, tires, etc. When the salesman started spewing out numbers and the phrase "service plan" I almost jumped at the tire add on... until I read the document and realized that it was just a warranty plan. I was thinkin' man, am I gonna get over on this. They don't realize how many miles I ride a year... so at least when I hear anything that's too good to be true... I have learned I better take another look.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:29 AM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by angelrod
ESP is a good thing . If you ride like some of us . I've used it 5 times on my 07 Ultra . So worry free riding coast to coast to coast .
Thanks for the feedback, I assume you are happy with the Cornerstone plan and man, its sounds pretty reasonable especially when compared to HDs plan and NO deductible, when you think about it, no deductible lowers the cost even more over the years vs when you use Harleys ESP you are actually paying more for the plan every time you use it.

Not knocking the HD plan but for me the Cornerstone I think works better, more so for someone who never, ever bought an extended warranty on any product in his life *L* (decades*L*)

Old 02-10-2016, 11:55 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 616 Likes on 385 Posts

Ask your dealer service manager if he accepts the Cornerstone plan before you buy. I have a Route 66 esp. It's widely accepted by H-D dealers.

Old 02-12-2016, 12:58 PM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDawgQC
I was told by a dealer that "you have to go ahead & pay for the fix" & then wait for reimbursement from Cornerstone...minus deductible. Any truth to this?
Well, I can say with certainty one thing is not true is the "minus deductible" simply because Cornerstone has no deductible.

Old 02-12-2016, 01:30 PM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDawgQC
I was told by a dealer that "you have to go ahead & pay for the fix" & then wait for reimbursement from Cornerstone...minus deductible. Any truth to this?
sounds like you should throw the bullshit flag on that one. when i had my bike fixed, the dealer got on the phone with cornerstone, and was given instructions on how to get paid. i had over $400 done that day and paid ZERO DOLLARS! The service manager, who i've known for a long time was impressed and said it was better than Harley's.....and no $50.00 deductible. I think I'd check with that dealer again.....then go someplace else if he continues to insist you have to pay.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:18 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

Cornerstone is a OK plan IF they will sell it to your State - It is NOT available in all states..

Copied from Boardtracker website

As long as it isn't registered in CA, FL or OR

Last edited by harley0711; 02-12-2016 at 08:22 PM.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:28 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by harley0711
Cornerstone is a OK plan IF they will sell it to your State - It is NOT available in all states..

Copied from Boardtracker website

As long as it isn't registered in CA, FL or OR
They way I read it, I'm pretty sure in those states, it is available, but has to be sold in that state, so Boardtracker can't sell it to you.

I just got a quote from them, here is the pricing in case anyone is interested. I think I'm going to wait until just before my factory warranty expires to buy it.

Old 02-12-2016, 10:17 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

I do not know of anywhere in those states where one can buy this policy?? Can anyone here say where this policy can be bought besides Boardtracker HD?

Old 02-12-2016, 10:20 PM
pitbulllimited
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

crap. I just spent $1600 renewing my Harley esp for 2 years. I could have been covered for 5 years for the same cost had I known about this option. ugh

Quick Reply: Any good or bad reviews of cornerstone esp plans?