Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think of the 2016 Touring Paint and Schemes

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 12:10 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took the 16 RG ultra for a ride the other day. it was the grey and black 2-tone. very similar to my ultra lmtd....I really liked the bike. as a matter of fact I was very close to buying it. here is what dissuaded me from making the purchase. the handle bars were too close to me and the sales guy said they were no longer adjustable. that I would have to replace the bars with taller ones ( may have been a sales pitch to sell upgrades ) not really sure. the bike didn't have the heated grips...no big deal here in florida but I do go touring and like them, the radio was not loud enough. same stereo that's on my bike but I think having the front speakers further away and pointing up instead of towards me lost a lot of volume. other than that the new LED head lights were awesome and the bike handled much better than mine. of course the sales guy was pissed that I found a road to ride where there were some curves and I scrapped the floor boards a few times ...hehehe...its a nice bike over all and I could see myself owning one one day...

Old 08-28-2015, 12:29 PM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,504 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Same here on the RGS/SGS colors and graphics. However, when you click on the Parts & Customization page on either bike's site, the one pictured is interesting. Might have to check out the rest of the Color Shop paints, but man...another 4+ grand??

Old 08-28-2015, 12:32 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

This is the best way to describe what I think of the company's color pallet for 2016.

Old 08-28-2015, 12:34 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 780 Posts

They could take some lessons from other manufacturers, like Indian, on how to paint a bike. Who in the hell does pinstripes anymore?

Old 08-28-2015, 12:43 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KCFLHRC
They could take some lessons from other manufacturers, like Indian, on how to paint a bike. Who in the hell does pinstripes anymore?
indian??? yuck....they look like over sized scooters with all the body work around them and the quality of their buckskin dye is terrible. they fade in weeks and look terrible....bad correlation in my opinion

Old 08-28-2015, 01:08 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by screamn_eagle
indian??? yuck....they look like over sized scooters with all the body work around them and the quality of their buckskin dye is terrible. they fade in weeks and look terrible....bad correlation in my opinion
I respectfully disagree. No cheesy *** pin stripes here

Last edited by KCFLHRC; 08-28-2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:46 PM
Colorido
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bagman1
HIDEOUS! The stripe looks like an after thought. Talk about a botched model design. Im so glad I didnt waste a year of my life waiting for the 16's because I would still be waiting. Who the F would buy the pink one? Maybe its a tribute to same sex marriages. Totally disappointed on the color design for 16. Moco struck out in my book on this year.

They made a pink bike??!? I only saw a two-tone purple.

Anyways, the answer to the bolded question is: Men who aren't insecure or worry what their insecure buddies think of them.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:23 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,605 Likes on 5,173 Posts

Today I saw a batwing Ultra in the Purple fire and Black Raspberry it looks good nothing like the picture on line does.
Already made the deal on the 2016 RGU just left color open for now Taking wife to dealer tonight before dinner to see the Silver and Black . Seeing it outside today sold me on it.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:34 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by smitty901
Today I saw a batwing Ultra in the Purple fire and Black Raspberry it looks good nothing like the picture on line does.
Already made the deal on the 2016 RGU just left color open for now Taking wife to dealer tonight before dinner to see the Silver and Black . Seeing it outside today sold me on it.

The black and silver is by far the best looking color combo online. I think it would be the one I would buy also. Congrats on the new ride.

Old 08-28-2015, 03:12 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,605 Likes on 5,173 Posts

Originally Posted by KCFLHRC
The black and silver is by far the best looking color combo online. I think it would be the one I would buy also. Congrats on the new ride.
Thanks , Wife likes the Superior Blue but she has not see the Silver and Black yet. My 2013 RGU has been god to me and I will miss it but time to move on.

Quick Reply: What do you think of the 2016 Touring Paint and Schemes