Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headed to southern Arizona

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 06:57 AM
FloridaFLHX
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, yes, yes - what the other guys said about 191. Read this: https://www.myscenicdrives.com/drive...l-scenic-byway

We rode this is June. Much fun. Challenging. I'll post a link to my video in a few.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:59 AM
FloridaFLHX
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Old 09-02-2015, 08:28 AM
westnash
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A nice video. For those who don't know, you can do a N-S loop in that area by riding the NM side using NM 180 and AZ 191 and never really having to go near the terrible heat in Phoenix.

Old 09-02-2015, 08:29 AM
westnash
Tourer

And you wont get raped on prices like in Sedona and Flagstaff or around G Canyon.

Old 09-02-2015, 05:10 PM
NewAgent
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

+1 on the Bisbee Breakfast Club. The town of Lowell is only two blocks long, be sure to stoop at the motorcycle repair shop. Had a great time exploring and talking to the owner.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:53 AM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 2mOOn
I'm leaving Indiana in the morning and headed to southern Arizona. Wish me luck! This will be a 10-11 day tour of the general area.

I plan on passing through Roswell NM on the way down (perhaps see an alien ?!?!?!). Should be there Friday sometime. From there I'll make my way towards Tombstone. Still haven't decided how I'm getting there from Roswell but hope to be in/through Tombstone area Saturday sometime.

Beyond that I"ve looked at several routes around and between Tuscon and Phoenix while making my way towards the Prescott and Sedona area. Still not sure how I'll be getting there since there are several interesting options. Any suggestions?

I'll have to wait and see when I get to the Sedona area before I decide if there is enough time to visit one more area before heading back to the Hoosier state.

What I really need for y'all in Arizona to do is make it stop raining!! LOL Looks like it will be a pretty wet weekend. Oh well.

Any suggestions on "must see" routes or stops along my general route would be greatly appreciated. The last two years I toured northern NM, AZ and southern UT so I'm concentrating this trip on places south of 40.

Thanks for listening.
©¿©
Be careful when in southern az. Lots of illegals. Don't take breaks in out-of-the-way places.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:06 AM
westnash
Tourer

Our tax dollars have been spent on so many BP agents, their offices and housing, and new vehicles that if you stop you will much more likely get looked over by them than some illegal.

Old 09-03-2015, 10:16 AM
kustom78
Tourer

have fun! wrong time of year IMO lol you'll easily be in the 70's one hour next hour your in the 100's for hours till you hit the high country again. This year so far has been one of the wettest years we've had in a while so bring the gear its normally late afternoon you'll see the clouds start showing up 3 or 4 pm and storm through the night. the wind gusts will range, from a light breeze to a short high speed gust normally 30+ and back to a mild wind. wear your sun screen for sure SPF 55 dose great long sleeves and FF helmets are best. watch out for coyotes at night, skunks too! most important take pictures! memories from the road at the best tale!

Old 09-03-2015, 10:21 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,406 Likes on 4,014 Posts

Originally Posted by westnash
Our tax dollars have been spent on so many BP agents, their offices and housing, and new vehicles that if you stop you will much more likely get looked over by them than some illegal.
Yeah, but the current admin has the BP agents looking for illegal immigrants to hand out voter registration cards and healthcare subsidies.....

Old 09-03-2015, 01:09 PM
AZdryheat
Road Captain
Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

No way I would visit southern AZ this time of year. Oh wait, I live here, lol. Hotter'n hell right now. We just got back from a week of riding in southwest Colorado up in the rockies. Rode the Highway out of Durango. Put a thousand miles on the bike. Cool most of the time chilly some of the time, especially up on those 11,000' mountain passes. Nope, if were my choice I'd go to Durango and that area instead of AZ.

And you mentioned Tombstone. Normally Tombstone is dead but if you visit during Helldorado days in Oct the place is rocking with gunfights, people, and all the fun.

Quick Reply: headed to southern Arizona