Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker Lockers

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 06:37 PM
Badbagger09
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

I had rocker lockers installed on my 2015 Road King then took it for a 1300 mile test ride from PA to FL and it took care of the ticking noise. Best $15 I spent….
I had the dealer install them and they are very interested in having them available for those that complain about the ticking.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:58 PM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 136 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by HDV-GLIDE
I was being a little over dramatic.......Pretty easy install and for $15.00 if you have ticking, what can you loose....
======

LOL!!

Yup,its got to about the best bang for your buck mod for the TC motor i have seen thus far that seems to be an easy install too.

I got rid of 95+ % of my 09 tc's valve noise when i reduced oil temp 50+ deg in summer 90 deg HHH heat post installing wards cooling fans and untracool oil cooler with dual elec cooling fans along with spectro 20-50 bike oil all at the same time resulting in a great improvement / reduction in valve noise just doing that.

The 50 deg cooler oil temp w-spectro oil on hot summer days also allowed the motor to retain much better / higher oil pressure when hot along with also stopping detonation on HD's rec 91 octane fuel too.

But at times there is still a very suttle low key type clicky / ticky coming from the valvetrain (i can hear only because i am still running the quieter stock mufflers ) that i'd like to get rid of if possible which sounds just like the noise you hear in DK's video for the inserts.

I had already bought the inserts from the guy that initially designed & mfg'd them before DKCustoms had them avail for sale on their site otherwise i would have bought them from DKCustoms.

I plan to install them this winter .

Scott

Old 10-04-2015, 08:57 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

This will be something I will try in the near future..

Old 10-04-2015, 09:10 PM
PTAG
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know several people are selling these but tale a look at the kit that Bikerscum Products has put together. His kit is complete with new breather O-rings and a washer and nut to use to seat the lockers. No need to beat on the thing with a hammer. I just ordered a set ofrom him off Amazon so I don't have them yet but his kit looked the best in IMO.

Old 10-04-2015, 09:36 PM
D W K
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

I believe this is what is going on my 2012. At 2200 to 2600 I get a tick. It is not there above or below. I am going to order but I guess this is a stupid question but do I need one or 2 sets of 4? 4 per head right?

Old 10-04-2015, 09:57 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by PTAG
I know several people are selling these but tale a look at the kit that Bikerscum Products has put together. His kit is complete with new breather O-rings and a washer and nut to use to seat the lockers. No need to beat on the thing with a hammer. I just ordered a set ofrom him off Amazon so I don't have them yet but his kit looked the best in IMO.

The beating on it with a hammer in the video is for show.

90%+ of them are installed without taking the rocker arm support plate off of the bike, and either way, the Rocker Locker is drawn in by threading the bolt in, in normal installation.

This is a Patent Pending product. The patent pending holders are harleycruiser and bikerscum.

harleycruise asked us to be his distribution network, so other than DK Custom Products and bikerscum, there should be no one else selling them, other than dealers who get them from one of us.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Last edited by DK Custom; 10-04-2015 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:59 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by D W K
I believe this is what is going on my 2012. At 2200 to 2600 I get a tick. It is not there above or below. I am going to order but I guess this is a stupid question but do I need one or 2 sets of 4? 4 per head right?
1 set of four, you can see them HERE.

The rocker shafts only need to be locked on one side, so that is 2 Rocker Lockers per head.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:10 PM
D W K
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

OK Last question. Can you simply pull one bolt at a time and install without pulling the assembly?

Old 10-04-2015, 10:21 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Yes, you can loosen all the bolts, then pull one out and install the Rocker Locker, then go to the next. You do NOT need to pull the assembly out of the engine.

If you email us a note asking for the Step-by-Step instructions with pictures, we will email you a PDF of them so you can see how easy it is.

Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 10-06-2015, 06:07 PM
PTAG
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
This is a Patent Pending product. The patent pending holders are harleycruiser and bikerscum.
Thanks for clearing that up. I was confused because the manufacturer on your page shows "Manufacturer: DK/Rocker Locker".

I thought you were third person making them.

Quick Reply: Rocker Lockers