Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker Lockers

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 07:32 PM
Firebike32
Road Warrior
Received 139 Likes on 91 Posts

Got about 200 miles on my Lockers. Very impressed.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:12 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Yes, you can loosen all the bolts, then pull one out and install the Rocker Locker, then go to the next. You do NOT need to pull the assembly out of the engine.

If you email us a note asking for the Step-by-Step instructions with pictures, we will email you a PDF of them so you can see how easy it is.

Support@DKCustomProducts.com
I wear either a 3/4 or full face brain buckets usually as I do lots of HWY (polluted roads) so the noise is tolerable.
But not so much on those rare occasions when I cruze the rural roads when I enjoy my shorties, so I might be interested in the file

Old 10-08-2015, 08:57 PM
Darrell07FLHR
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is such B.S. that we pay so much for a bike and the manufacture can't pay attention to detail. This noise has been there for so long that surely the manufacturer knows of the trouble . Thank you Rocker Locker for your affordable solution , they worked great on my 2014 street glide.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:57 PM
Harleycruiser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Firebike32
Got about 200 miles on my Lockers. Very impressed.
Glad they are working for you.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:06 PM
Harleycruiser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Anyone installing either Bikerscum or my bushings it is important to insert a bolt in the hole before installing the bushings and Gently tap it into the rocker arm shaft.

This aligns the slot in the shaft so that the bushing pulls past it. The bolt should be able to move completely around in the hole.
Otherwise sometime the bushing hangs up on the bushing and can cause a problem.
Then go ahead and install the bushings in your preference of instructions.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:28 PM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

An 11/32 drill bit works nicely to aline the notch in the rocker shaft with the bolt hole.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:05 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
If you're into a top end that far you really should inspect the rocker shafts, but you're right, you don't have to.

Hopefully someone will come up with a shouldered bolt that replaces these deals... Gotta be one out there.
That's what I was driving at. A shouldered bolt would be a better solution; when you remove it, the shaft is free to come out.

Last edited by Campy Roadie; 10-09-2015 at 08:18 AM.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:27 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,628 Likes on 1,176 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
If you're into a top end that far you really should inspect the rocker shafts, but you're right, you don't have to.
I agree 110%.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...l#post14453766

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 10-09-2015, 09:22 PM
shakrr
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I am really interested in these, why only do half of the bolts is my question. wouldn't the rocker assembly be more stable or does there need to be some play in the other bolts? Seems like all 4 bolts with your rocker lockers would be a better idea? unless this would cause a issue with the rocker ***.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:26 PM
dforeid
Road Captain
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

I have a 2012 Ultra Limited, my buddy has a 2013. We each have about 30k miles now, but have been chasing the illusive top end tick since it arrived on both of our bikes at about 10K miles. We’ve done what many have tried… Comp Cam 850-1 lifters, SE tapered adjustable push rods set to 3 ½ turns, Redline 20/60 oil (actually the oil helped a bit) and still the annoying tick. Mine had two bad spots at 1,800 and 2,600 rpm. Has driven us nuts for 3 years. The ROCKOUT Rocker Lockers went in both our bikes today and they are now both quiet as a mouse!! No tick what so ever, and I’m running Woods 222 cams to boot. The 1,800 and 2,600 rpm rattle/tick is completely gone!!!!!! This is the best $15 I have spent - hands down. Thanks BikerScum, these are the ****.

That sound that we all pretend isn't there.... and pretend doesn't bother us.... and convince ourselves that it's a pushrod VTwin motor and "they just do that".... is gone - all gone. It was part of the reason I spent $1K on my Biketronics speakers and Amp. Not that I regret that purchase at all, I just needed more volume to drowned out the tick!! So nice now.... sounds the way a bike should sound. My friend and I are so pumped after doing ours. Can't say enough.....

Quick Reply: Rocker Lockers