Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker Lockers

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 07:52 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Rocker Lockers

If your inside the motor, it seems like a good modification that I would do to be pro-active.

Would I tear my motor apart to fix the tick only, I don't think so.

But then again (knock on wood) my motor does not tick or maybe my pipes drown it out......

Old 10-03-2015, 07:56 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts

Lots of discussion about these on the forum. Concensus seems to be that they help but do not eliminate valve train noise.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rock...e:hdforums.com

Old 10-03-2015, 03:23 PM
hawwk
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see they are tapered and you seem to really have to tap them in. Are they hard to get back out in case you ever have to work on the shafts later on, or do you destroy them and have to buy another set?

Old 10-04-2015, 11:45 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by HDV-GLIDE
Rocker Lockers - YouTube

If your inside the motor, it seems like a good modification that I would do to be pro-active.

But then again (knock on wood) my motor does not tick or maybe my pipes drown it out......

The only thing that needs to be removed are the rocker covers. It is a pretty simple install...but if you have no ticking, then no need for them.

You can see more info & pictures on the Rocker Lockers at this LINK.

For hawwk, they can be tapped back out, usually they are not damaged & are reusable.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 10-04-2015, 03:10 PM
hawwk
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kevin thanks for answering my question

Old 10-04-2015, 03:42 PM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 136 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by HDV-GLIDE
Rocker Lockers - YouTube

================

FYI,correct if i am wrong but from what i understand you dont have to tear the motor apart on touring /FLHTCU bikes to install the inserts though the video gives you that impression with a head sitting in view along with the rocker shaft assembly frame off the head too.

As far as i know you remove the seat,the fuel tank , the front upper strut mount from the motor to frame (if your model bike has one) , remove valve covers and then you then have access to the 4 bolts holding the rocker assembly.

You should then be able to simply back off the 4 bolts holding rocker frame assembly and install the inserts on the bolts,then reinstall the 4 bolts with inserts on them & trq to spec.

Then reinstall the front strut mount to the motor along with the fuel tank & you should be good to go .

BTW , It states in the video you can use the 4 bolts themselves to fully seat the inserts into the rocker shaft assembly frame as they are re-trq'd to spec thus no need to actually remove the rocker shaft assembly frames from the heads to install the inserts from what i can see. (unless i missed something!/LOL!!!.)

Scott

Old 10-04-2015, 04:23 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by wscott
================

FYI,correct if i am wrong but from what i understand you dont have to tear the motor apart on touring /FLHTCU bikes to install the inserts though the video gives you that impression with a head sitting in view along with the rocker shaft assembly frame off the head too.

As far as i know you remove the seat,the fuel tank , the front upper strut mount from the motor to frame (if your model bike has one) , remove valve covers and then you then have access to the 4 bolts holding the rocker assembly.

You should then be able to simply back off the 4 bolts holding rocker frame assembly and install the inserts on the bolts,then reinstall the 4 bolts with inserts on them & trq to spec.

Then reinstall the front strut mount to the motor along with the fuel tank & you should be good to go .

BTW , It states in the video you can use the 4 bolts themselves to fully seat the inserts into the rocker shaft assembly frame as they are re-trq'd to spec thus no need to actually remove the rocker shaft assembly frames from the heads to install the inserts from what i can see. (unless i missed something!/LOL!!!.)

Scott
Scott, you are correct. The rocker support plate does not need to be removed. Only the rocker cover, and then, as you said, the Rocker Lockers can be installed by using the bolts to drawn them down into the plate.

If anyone would like a copy of the step-by-step instructions (with pics), just send us an email at Support@DKCustomProducts.com requesting Rocker Locker instructions, and we will send you a PDF of them.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:32 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by wscott
================

Scott

I was being a little over dramatic.......Pretty easy install and for $15.00 if you have ticking, what can you loose....

Old 10-04-2015, 05:36 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

Hey,it solved my loud ticking at cruising speed on my 103

Old 10-04-2015, 05:38 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by GTK
Hey,it solved my loud ticking at cruising speed on my 103
Cool! Always good to hear good reports of NOT hearing that ticking.

Quick Reply: Rocker Lockers