Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated gloves or grips?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 11:17 AM
Joe12RK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 880 Posts

put me in the heated grips camp - I have the white finger thing too - they work great - even with wind on the back of your hands, the grips warm your blood so you don't get white fingers...

Olympia sells gloves that have less insulation in the palms for heated grips - their 'cold throttle' ones

Old 10-07-2015, 11:26 AM
KenHar
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Go with the grips!

I bought my 2015 Limited (which comes standard with heated grips) last fall, and after cold weather riding last fall, this spring, and NOW, I can only tell you that I will never have another bike without them! They are, in my view, the only way to go. They keep my hands (entirely) warm, and having warm hands makes all the difference in the world. Go with the heated grips !

Old 10-07-2015, 01:15 PM
rick-e-b
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the heated grips and I do like them and use them quite a bit in cool weather. In cold weather you still have to have gloves to keep the back of your hands that are exposed to the air warm. The insulation in the palms of most gloves render the heated grips ineffective. What we really need is gloves that have the backs of your hands well insulated and the palms and inside of the fingers non insulated so you can feel the warmth of the grips.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:27 PM
Highranger
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the gerbing heated gloves and they do the trick in colder climates , have ridden in 18 degree weather . I also hate the bulky gloves . Love thinner gloves , but as mentioned you need protection from wind chills and it depends what climates you ride in. When working I rode to my place of employment in 18 degree weather(5AM) (didn't know I had the extreme gerbing suit)Guys are like duhhhh your off your rocker .Two days later I let them in on what I had. . Good luck TR

Old 10-07-2015, 07:37 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,603 Likes on 5,172 Posts

Gloves easier to replace and heat the whole hand

Old 10-07-2015, 08:13 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,524 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Check out the Warranty on these heated gloves.
Gorden Gerbing, the original!
http://gordonsheated.com/

Old 10-07-2015, 08:22 PM
woodreaux
Road Captain
Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts

I have both - nice to use heated grips when it's not that cold for heated gloves

Old 10-07-2015, 08:23 PM
jmorganroadglide
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,304 Likes on 1,343 Posts

From my experience touring, heated gloves are far superior to heated grips. I know they are a hassle to hook and unhook, but it is done with warm hands. My gerbing gloves still work after years of use. Also if you get the gloves, you will most certainly need a thermostat. Get a dual thermostat because you will add the heated vest in the future.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:56 PM
wiseguyups
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I have heated gloves I use on my Road King and heated grips on my Limited. If I had to chose I would go with the grips.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:26 AM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,492 Likes on 1,604 Posts

I have the National Hand Wind Deflectors, heated grips, heated seat, heated HD gloves and a heated jacket liner.
If I had to choose between the heated grips or the heated gloves I'd go with the gloves.
The heated grips are good in cool temps but the gloves are much better and as someone said before, they keep your entire hand(s) warm.

I also have a pair of the Gerbing Hybrid gloves that work off of a small rechargeable battery that fits into a pocket on the back of each glove, or I can plug them into the power jack in my bike.
These work great when I plow snow off of my driveway.

Quick Reply: Heated gloves or grips?