Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto 107" Build - My Experience

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 11:21 AM
gipper
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Fuel Moto 107" Build - My Experience

After a lot of thought and due diligence on what I wanted to do with my motor, I settled on FM 107" with level B heads, and the TW-777 cams, giving me 10.5:1 CR. I finished the build early this week, and yesterday was my first day out. Put a little over 100 miles on it, following the break-in instructions that Bob gave me.

I'll keep my preliminary impressions with: I am EXCEEDINGLY happy with this build. I am really looking forward to having it dyno tuned after I've put between 500 and 1000 miles on it, and then seeing what it will really do. Just keeping it between 2500-3500 RPM, I was really impressed.

As have many of you when wrestling with a decision, and consulting with FM during the process, I had many questions. At one time or another, I spoke with Jaime, Brian, Travis, and Bob; and a couple of them several times. At no time did I ever sense any impatience on their part. How they manage to be so considerate seemingly 100% of the time is a mystery to me, but they are. I had several options that I was considering for my motor build, and I am certain that my final decision couldn't have been better or more solid from every aspect, beginning to end.

Many thanks to the guys at FM.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:53 AM
Primetime_2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where are you going to dyno?

Old 10-09-2015, 12:04 PM
gipper
Road Master

Originally Posted by Primetime_2
where are you going to dyno?
There is a really good tuner in the Bay Area (RC Cycles), and I'll ride up to have them do it. I have a PV, and he's (Bob) very good with them.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:36 PM
TOFTS
Tourer
Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by gipper
After a lot of thought and due diligence on what I wanted to do with my motor, I settled on FM 107" with level B heads, and the TW-777 cams, giving me 10.5:1 CR. I finished the build early this week, and yesterday was my first day out. Put a little over 100 miles on it, following the break-in instructions that Bob gave me.

I'll keep my preliminary impressions with: I am EXCEEDINGLY happy with this build. I am really looking forward to having it dyno tuned after I've put between 500 and 1000 miles on it, and then seeing what it will really do. Just keeping it between 2500-3500 RPM, I was really impressed.

As have many of you when wrestling with a decision, and consulting with FM during the process, I had many questions. At one time or another, I spoke with Jaime, Brian, Travis, and Bob; and a couple of them several times. At no time did I ever sense any impatience on their part. How they manage to be so considerate seemingly 100% of the time is a mystery to me, but they are. I had several options that I was considering for my motor build, and I am certain that my final decision couldn't have been better or more solid from every aspect, beginning to end.

Many thanks to the guys at FM.
Congradulations sounds great.. Where did you get the build done at? thinking of doing it.. I'm in California.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:04 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,628 Likes on 1,176 Posts

There is a really good tuner in the Bay Area (RC Cycles), and I'll ride up to have them do it. I have a PV, and he's (Bob) very good with them.
Looking forward to hearing your results. I'm in the East Bay & am considering RC myself.

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 10-09-2015, 02:42 PM
Primetime_2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice, the dyno tune is very important! good to see another build on the road!

Old 10-09-2015, 04:15 PM
gipper
Road Master

Originally Posted by TOFTS
Congradulations sounds great.. Where did you get the build done at? thinking of doing it.. I'm in California.
Did the build myself. If one has a modicum of mechanical inclination, and tools, it's really pretty easy.

Old 10-09-2015, 04:19 PM
gipper
Road Master

Originally Posted by Bikerscum Products
Looking forward to hearing your results. I'm in the East Bay & am considering RC myself.
Dyno Bob (he's called) over at RC is a really good tuner. I have used him before, and I was blown away at the numbers he pulled out of the dyno run when I last used him. And I FELT the difference in the bike also.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:33 PM
Lonewolf176
Road Warrior
Received 267 Likes on 166 Posts

Do yourself a favor and get it tuned now. No need to break it in, the rings are seated. Too many nice builds don't make the power from being ridden untuned.

Old 10-10-2015, 07:44 AM
westnash
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good riding and how much did it cost you and how does this compare w/ HD and other options?

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto 107" Build - My Experience