Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The weird things you do when you have a Harley

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 08:54 PM
arthur
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by OldEnuf2NoBtr
Nailed it, totally nailed it.

Old 01-02-2016, 02:30 PM
little red around the neck area's Avatar
little red around the neck area
Cruiser
Received 51 Likes on 25 Posts

ditto, great post.

Old 02-06-2016, 05:16 PM
Harliquin
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to paint a pot and while all the other girls were painting pretty flowers and kittens I sat and painted this...

I actually painted a HD mug too a few years before Harley ownership

Old 02-06-2016, 05:22 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by clackavosticus
Lately I have been in the habit of taking short breaks from work to go down to our building's car park just to look at my bike. I love looking at it almost as much as riding it!
Is that weird?
Not at all, when you stop wanting to admire it, your likely ready to stop riding.....hard to explain

Old 02-06-2016, 06:00 PM
rv7garage
Road Master
Received 198 Likes on 157 Posts

Harliquin, that is really cool

Old 02-06-2016, 06:10 PM
Harliquin
Advanced

Originally Posted by rv7garage
Harliquin, that is really cool
Thanks, dunno if I dare eat more than toast off it

Old 02-10-2016, 12:04 AM
Powertrip240
Intermediate

The wife and I went for a breakfast ride down near Tucson one morning. I parked the bike in the motorcycle parking area, right outside the window of the little breakfast joint we were at, which was predominantly filled with senior citizens. From my table, I was watching as an elderly man was backing his sedan out of his parking spot, and was coming real close to backing in to my bike. Then he got closer. Then he got closer. He was about to hit it. I stood up quickly, went to the window, yelled "HEYYYY!!!!" and smacked the window pretty hard. It didn't stop him from hitting my bike, but it did scare the hell out of everyone in the restaurant! He JUST BARELY tapped my tourpak with the edge of his trunk. I saw the bike move ever so slightly. I ran outside to check it out. He didn't even know he had hit it. Luckily, there was no damage. I went back inside and apologized to everyone for scaring them. Once my heart rate returned to normal, I finished eating my breakfast.

It was one of the scariest moments I've had in a while. I thought my bike was about to be in an accident. It was like watching it in slow motion, and there was nothing I could do.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:11 AM
riknbeth
Road Master
Received 189 Likes on 166 Posts

Lately I have been in the habit of taking short breaks from work to go down to our building's car park just to look at my bike. I love looking at it almost as much as riding it!
Is that weird?
>> I do the same thing!

Old 02-10-2016, 03:26 AM
riknbeth
Road Master
Received 189 Likes on 166 Posts

I get up everyday at 4:30am (today was 3am). I have no idea why, stay up late, and boom up at 4:30am. So I read any new updates on the Harley forum (this forum is my favorite). Just completed reading this entire thread. I really appreciate all the comments because it made me feel like a “normal” person. I also do most of the things that are mentioned here. It also fits with all of the really nice people I have met on my bike. Going to rally’s or rides you have a strong common bond with others. You may not know them at all but it is natural to start a conversation around your bike and all of a sudden you have a new friend. This is what life is all about. By the way some of the nicest people are the “tough looking people” who may scare the hell out of you at first. But once you start talking to them you realize that they are really nice people. They are not trying to scare anyone, it’s just the lifestyle they have chosen. Ride on!

The following users liked this post:
GoofySB (01-23-2021)
Old 02-10-2016, 08:36 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

While I'm on the subject of weird things I do with my Harley - I also have got into the habit of taking the long way home from work just so I can enjoy the pleasure of riding her a little bit longer.
Don't do it on the way to work though as it would make me late. But I do do it on the way home as it doesn't matter if it takes a little longer to get home than by the shortest route.

Quick Reply: The weird things you do when you have a Harley