Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The weird things you do when you have a Harley

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 10:45 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 616 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by Jumper1
Wife asked me to get something out of the freezer in the Shed. This is where I keep the bike. I sat out there and drank a beer just looking at it. Came back in and asked what took so long. "I was just looking at the bike" then I got the look.
There have been times when I went into the garage for something, started staring at my bike and forgot was I was supposed to get.

Old 02-13-2016, 01:49 PM
jcr1800
Tourer
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

Glad to know I am not the only one that likes to just sit and look. I have had 9 HD and 1 Kawasaki oh and 2 kawasakis.

2015 Ultra Limited Radio Active Green

Old 02-13-2016, 04:36 PM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

Thank you all for letting me know I am not alone. I find myself opening up pix of her on the 'puter. Went out to the bike today and started the girl up.... it's 20 degrees and she didn't like it. Maybe time for a new battery. Felt good to sit on her. Twisted the wick a few times as she warmed up a little.... She settled in at 1050 RPM's.
Guess another month and I'll be giving her a good bath for her first ride of the year.
Is it spring yet?

Old 02-13-2016, 07:37 PM
TX Toad
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hate Work
Thank you all for letting me know I am not alone. I find myself opening up pix of her on the 'puter. Went out to the bike today and started the girl up.... it's 20 degrees and she didn't like it. Maybe time for a new battery. Felt good to sit on her. Twisted the wick a few times as she warmed up a little.... She settled in at 1050 RPM's.
Guess another month and I'll be giving her a good bath for her first ride of the year.
Is it spring yet?
Went for a nice ride today. Not sure how you guys make it months at a time without riding. We seldom go a week or two......

Old 01-23-2021, 08:16 AM
Balladromic
Road Master
Received 393 Likes on 213 Posts

The plan is to have this trailer built. I've ordered it. Trailer builders are swamped and parts scarce. Try buying a boat this year. My trailer will be a mobile garage. A garage for the most part. This isn't the exact 5 X 8 - 24" V nose. I have a hatch door going in it on the drivers side. The tongue facing the house. This trailer will be parked in my backyard with the ramp facing the road. It will be backed up to the fence line. I swing open the fence and drop the ramp. My fence was already worked to swing open when I had my Lund. I will also install a camera in the trailer. I have surveillance here anyways. I keep one on my plants too. We can grow up to four. But the hatch is so I can look at her. It'll work as an awning too. May need to open it to use a jack w/handle.

What's the problem boys? You can't count up to four? Maybe you two should take your shoes off to count them.
Now **** off, I have to make room for my Harley. I like big bushy plants that yield much flower.

Old 01-23-2021, 08:30 AM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,742 Likes on 3,509 Posts

The only weird thing I do since I bought my Harley is I've stopped waving at Metric bikes

Old 01-23-2021, 08:44 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,617 Likes on 5,177 Posts

The bikes are machines . they come and go . Some stay much longer than others. Go from first out to a spot farther back in line . But in the end still just a machine . However they still manage to become part of the family. They get nicknames assigned by someone.
They come up and are included in many family conversation. The family photos seem to have a lot of Harley's them. Go on a long vacation ride. get checked in at lodging and take off to local car wash to get the bugs off before doing much else.
Just a Machine.

Old 01-23-2021, 07:04 PM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,125 Likes on 1,622 Posts

I thought this was going to be a thread about dressing up like a pirate and going to gay bars.

Old 01-23-2021, 08:41 PM
Sol-Invictus
Tourer
Received 426 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by VAFish
I thought this was going to be a thread about dressing up like a pirate and going to gay bars.
That is normal if you have a Harley. Not weird at all.

The following users liked this post:
VAFish (01-26-2021)
Old 01-23-2021, 11:46 PM
GoofySB
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Smile The Big Red Machines

Originally Posted by smitty901
The bikes are machines . they come and go . Some stay much longer than others. Go from first out to a spot farther back in line . But in the end still just a machine . However they still manage to become part of the family. They get nicknames assigned by someone.
They come up and are included in m andany family conversation. The family photos seem to have a lot of Harley's them. Go on a long vacation ride. get checked in at lodging and take off to local car wash to get the bugs off before doing much else.
Just a Machine.
At the end of the day, toys or machines. My blessed collection of Big Red Machines, Caroline, Shiloh and Suzanne or Cherry ( I need more seat time, but she got the way to move me).
I love them and have sat and admired them for a couple hours with a beer or two. I'm Goofy, weird and need a life, but tell someone that cares. :-)

Quick Reply: The weird things you do when you have a Harley