Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Demon's cycle 6.6 stretched tank - what seat fits?

Old 11-16-2015, 10:24 PM
Jaxx
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Demon's cycle 6.6 stretched tank - what seat fits?

Hey everyone, got a good deal on a Demons Cycle seat on Ebay. It had already been sealed and pressure tested. Just arrived last weekend and the tank looks pretty good. I have to do a slight modification but nothing too serious and I knew prior to bidding. I am wondering if anyone can confirm whether the seats that will fit the Paul Yaffe tank will also fit this tank? Did some googling but not finding much info on the tank. We don't have much for options for having a custom seat built around here and the few places that do, I have seen their seats, they are way more then a Danny Gray or La Pera and no where near as nice.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 11-17-2015, 05:42 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts

If you're happy with your current seat find an upholsterer and get it modified to fit?

Old 11-17-2015, 09:32 AM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

Might be tough to answer without buying a seat to check - the stretched Yaffe tank is labeled as at 6 gallons, their Razor tank is 6.6 - the one you got from DC is labeled as 6.6 gals yet looks like the Yaffe stretched 6 gal tank.....
If I were to guess, like the other replier posted, you should be able to modify your seat, if not I would try the seat that fits the Yaffe stretched tank as I'm pretty sure Yaffe is not making his own tanks and this is the same tank....

Last edited by JMC22; 11-17-2015 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:22 PM
twistedcherokee
Road Warrior
Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Put a bid on one tonight. Will have to modify it for my 99 Ultra, but I really would like to get a 6.6 gal tank. Bid 250.00, so will see.

Toby

Old 11-17-2015, 08:57 PM
twistedcherokee
Road Warrior
Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Won the bid, so I guess I will be seeing if I can fit it to my 99 Ultra. If I can't I guess I will sell it. 298.99 with shipping. Now to decide if I want to just paint the tank or repaint the whole bike. It is a 99 & starting to show some wear, but still looks good. But I have been thinking of going black with some purple designs. Guess we will see after the tank gets here.

Toby

Old 11-17-2015, 09:02 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member

For what it's worth, I was talking to a sales rep today from Demon Cycles - they pressure test their tanks but they don't seal them - his exact email was....
"Yes it has been tested But it does not come sealed. That is something that should be done before you paint the tank. Never trust anyone who tells you that the tank is sealed. It is not worth risking your paint job."

Old 11-18-2015, 06:48 PM
Jaxx
Tourer

Thanks for the heads up.

Does anyone know how you can tell if it has been sealed? The Ebay auction stated it had been done and the guy had around 400 feedbacks with 100% so I kind of believed him. He claimed he purchased tank and had it sealed and pressure tested prior to fitting it on the bike. The holes didn't line up perfectly when the tank was square so they had to be modified a bit and he was going to go with a Yaffe tank.

The is some brownish looking stains around the outside of the tank that I was assuming was the sealant?

Old 11-18-2015, 06:50 PM
Jaxx
Tourer

Originally Posted by twistedcherokee
Won the bid, so I guess I will be seeing if I can fit it to my 99 Ultra. If I can't I guess I will sell it. 298.99 with shipping. Now to decide if I want to just paint the tank or repaint the whole bike. It is a 99 & starting to show some wear, but still looks good. But I have been thinking of going black with some purple designs. Guess we will see after the tank gets here.

Toby
Congrats on the tank, mine has arrived and looks pretty good, I am very happy with it.

Let me know if you figure out what seat fits...

Old 11-18-2015, 06:53 PM
Jaxx
Tourer

Originally Posted by grbrown
If you're happy with your current seat find an upholsterer and get it modified to fit?
The current seat on this particular bike is the original CVO Ultra seat so it has to go and I would prefer not to buy an expensive solo or something similar to the Yaffe buttcrack seat for two riders and let any of the shops around here modify it. Atleast not any of the ones I am familiar with.

I will have to keep looking until I can find someone that can confirm.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:07 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jaxx
Thanks for the heads up.

Does anyone know how you can tell if it has been sealed? The Ebay auction stated it had been done and the guy had around 400 feedbacks with 100% so I kind of believed him. He claimed he purchased tank and had it sealed and pressure tested prior to fitting it on the bike. The holes didn't line up perfectly when the tank was square so they had to be modified a bit and he was going to go with a Yaffe tank.

The is some brownish looking stains around the outside of the tank that I was assuming was the sealant?
I would think just looking inside will tell you if it has been sealed - but given how simple and cheap it is to seal it, I would do it yourself to make sure it has been done & done right - here is a Youtube video showing you how easy it is to do, the hardest part is picking the product manufacture you think will work best.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Demon's cycle 6.6 stretched tank - what seat fits?