Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERT vs SERT Pro

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 03:46 PM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
You can use the SEPST and tune with your smartphone?

All 3 I mentioned technically use a laptop, All 3 are technically removable.

All 3 let you do more than the SEPST...

All 3 allow you speedo calibration, which none of the SE products allow.

The FP3 allows you real-time data gathering with your smartphone.
The PV2 allows you real-time data gathering that you can see on your handlebars... Yes, auto tune while watching the cells, simple to do on back roads.
Cool so the only difference is the others can use a cell phone as a monitor, and speedo calibration. I mean what can they do different in the tuning of the bike? Just to know?

Old 11-26-2015, 04:16 PM
Sparkee...
Road Master
Received 226 Likes on 142 Posts

The PV2 allows you real-time data gathering that you can see on your handlebars... Yes, auto tune while watching the cells, simple to do on back roads.
Not an ideal setup but I did Live Smart Tune runs with the SEPST using a Windows 8 tablet strapped to my handle bars. Same method, watch the cells and populate as many as I could dark green which indicated enough data was accumulated. I was going to go with the Street Tuner but it was not available in Canada. I'm glad I ended up with the more expensive SEPST, I had to retard my timing slightly in the cruising range to cure some pinging.

Next tuner I get will be the Power Vision. It is an all-in-one design that will eliminate the extra cost and strapping additional hardware precariously to the handle bars.

Old 11-27-2015, 07:13 AM
rusty289
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Technically, the SEPST will mess with your warranty as much as the PV2, or TTS or FP3.

Let me ask you a question, or rather ask yourself this question, as I already know the answer...

How can making the engine run correctly affect the warranty?

If you hop the top end way up, go with some extreme shave and polish job with huge cams and achieve super high compression and you bust your crank, it's not going to be covered.

Fattening the mix up a bit, and getting your VE tables in line isn't going to do that. If your stereo craps, it's still under warranty.

If you tune it way too lean, and burn a piston, no, it won't be covered.
All good points, and I don't plan on doing anything extreme just want to make it run better as we all know the factory kind of limits the performance. I have the winter to decide what I'm going to do so now it's time to think. Lol

Thanks all for the info.

Old 11-27-2015, 07:16 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by GriffinDenim13FLHX
Just to know?
They do more, for considerably less money. There is NOTHING the SE products do better than the other 3...

EXCEPT get deeper in your wallet.

If you're happy spending the long dollar for the orange box, power to you, it's your wallet, I couldn't care less.

Personally, I LIKE the ability to correct the speedo, I calibrated with an external GPS, and was out 5%. Now it is dead on.
I am an intelligent human being, I don't need my machine lying to me to keep me legal, I want to know the actual speed I am running.
My speedometer, when crossed with an external GPS unit, is dead nut.

I also like to be able to change tunes on the road. I can store 6 tunes on my PV2, and if I decide to use a different one, say for fuel savings, or for more aggressive twisties, it takes less than a minute.
Bring the screen up, choose tune, load tune, shut bike off, turn bike on, roll.

Last edited by SafetyMan; 11-27-2015 at 07:18 AM.
Old 11-27-2015, 07:19 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by rusty289
Thanks all for the info.
Happy to help.

Sometimes a bit of common sense injected into a subject that raises emotions helps.

Old 11-27-2015, 07:34 AM
canyonking
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3 Week old Road Glide Ultra. I went with the FP3 and couldn't be happier. Total control and especially pleased with the "Throttle Progressivity" feature. Like SafetyMan, I appreciate the ability to change maps in a flash for my desired riding conditions. The FP3 is small and lightweight and you can leave it plugged in for added real-time features and control.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:19 AM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

They do more, for considerably less money. There is NOTHING the SE products do better than the other 3...

If you're happy spending the long dollar for the orange box, power to you, it's your wallet, I couldn't care less.

Personally, I LIKE the ability to correct the speedo, I calibrated with an external GPS, and was out 5%. Now it is dead on.
I am an intelligent human being, I don't need my machine lying to me to keep me legal, I want to know the actual speed I am running.

I also like to be able to change tunes on the road. I can store 6 tunes on my PV2, and if I decide to use a different one, say for fuel savings, or for more aggressive twisties, it takes less than a minute.
Never said they were better then the others. YOU said they do considerably more for less money.
I wanted you to elaborate on what it can do beyond the SEPST. The "Throttle Progressiveness" is in the SEPST as well.
As for tuning on the road in under a minute is cool. Do you use that feature a lot?

The speedo calibration is cool as well. I do not think there is a way to do that with the SEPST. Never would have guessed they were off by 5% which is odd to me. You think by now HD would have the speedo calibration corrected.

Anyway always good to know about as many of the units out there to tune.
I just like my SEPST as that is all I have ever used.

Not to question your intelligence but the title of the thread is SERT vs SERT Pro .
Not bashing any other tuner out there. Just uneducated in them. As for money... If we wanted to SAVE money we would not own a HD motorcycle.

Last edited by GriffinDenim13FLHX; 11-27-2015 at 09:11 AM.
Old 11-27-2015, 09:09 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member

I never said they do "considerably more".

I said they will do more for considerably less money... and I still stand by that statement.

Old 11-27-2015, 09:40 AM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by GriffinDenim13FLHX
If we wanted to SAVE money we would not own a HD motorcycle.
So true, oh so true.

I would prefer the Power Vision, set up the auto tune if you are just doing a Stage-I.

We all know what H-D stand for, $-$-$

Old 11-27-2015, 10:20 AM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

I am interested to know how you calibrated the GPS. I remember reading on one ironman race many got disqualified because the gps was showing them exceeding the speed limit. The rest I realize you have a bias against Harley products. I cannot believe you included FP3 with PV & TTS

Quick Reply: SERT vs SERT Pro