Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERT vs SERT Pro

Old 11-27-2015, 11:02 AM
Longridertx
Road Master
Received 121 Likes on 99 Posts

According to what I saw on the TTS website, their prices are about the same or even higher than what I have ever paid for the SE pro tuner. Didn't check pricing on the other 2 mentioned tuning platforms. That said, maybe places like Fuel Moto can sell them cheaper than the manufacturer website has them priced. Seems to be lots of biased opinions about one tuning platform or another.....when it really comes down to the person doing the tuning. Bottom line is like about any other electronic device out there one may have features another doesn't. That doesn't automatically make one better than the other. I have used the SE pro tuner on the last 4 Harleys I've owned and been happy with the results. If I am staying with traffic I don't give rat's *** if my speedo is a little off. All I care about is my bike running good.

Old 11-27-2015, 12:11 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Canuck
I am interested to know how you calibrated the GPS. I remember reading on one ironman race many got disqualified because the gps was showing them exceeding the speed limit. The rest I realize you have a bias against Harley products. I cannot believe you included FP3 with PV & TTS
A. I never said I calibrated the GPS. GPS auto calibrates itself to the satelites. The GPS on a 6.5 BOOM does not display GPS speed, but rather calculated speed from the ECM, just like the speedometer.

I did state that I calibrated my bike's ECM to an external GPS. It is just numbers calculated off of PPUs, which I've done for 20 years in the oilfield for different gauges, rates, pressures etc. Once you understand, it's pretty simple to calculate what it should be, enter the new number, then test against an external GPS. If you're wrong, try again. I got it dead on first try.

...and I have no idea what ironman race with a gps you are referring to.

B. I have no bias against Harley products. I buy what is best for my situation, sometimes it is HD/SE. sometimes it's not. In fact, I have a SE AC kit, with a K&N element.

C. The FP3 is EVERY bit as good as the PV2 and TTS. I have used all 3. The only thing I don't like is another app on my phone, I have enough already.

Old 11-27-2015, 12:22 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member

And a quick search nets:

TTS @ $444.91
http://www.westendmotorsports.com/ma...CU4aAnn48P8HAQ

PV2 @ $499.00

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/series-19...er-vision.html

FP3 @ $359.96

http://www.bikebandit.com/aftermarke...gXMaAmKR8P8HAQ

I can't even find the SEPST on HD's website any longer.

Old 11-27-2015, 01:27 PM
Longridertx
Road Master
Old 11-27-2015, 06:00 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Longridertx
Plus...

You have to buy something to hook up to your computer.

How do you gather data for the auto tune?

Laptop in the saddlebag?

Old 11-27-2015, 06:33 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
Plus...

You have to buy something to hook up to your computer.

How do you gather data for the auto tune?

Laptop in the saddlebag?
The something to hook up to computer is a modern day printer cable.
The SEPST VCI collects the data, no laptop needed to collect data. as others have said, your choice to hook up a tablet if you want to watch the collection, otherwise just ride at various rpm and speeds, loads etc., the same as with TTS & PV while the SEPST says it collects data for 15 minutes, I have collected one hour many times.

When I said you included FP3 with TTS & PV?, I should have added that FP3 seems to be as good as the Street tuner SESPT from my readings on the subject.

By the way, GPS is not 100% accurate unless you are the military so calibrating the speedometer with an external gps may get you off the correct speed, never mind.

Old 11-27-2015, 06:53 PM
kojak
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,483 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by rusty289
Hey folks, looking at a Screamin Eagle Race Tuner and don't know much about them.

Just got a new 2015 Road Glide and now I'm shopping for it.

Besides the obvious price difference, whats the difference from the SERT to the pro version?

Are they any good? Worth the money?

Does it do the same and/or more than the stage 1 flash?

I had a PCV on my 2009 after I installed new cams so I am familiar with how they work but don't know much about the SERT.

Thanks all
What mods are you doing that will require a ecm mgmt. device?

Old 11-27-2015, 08:49 PM
Longridertx
Road Master

http://www.boardtrackerharleyonline....-kit-32184-08a

cable kit @ $37.00

I've never used any of the others so do any needed cables come with them?

Old 11-27-2015, 09:16 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Longridertx
what do you have already. It has been a while but the cable from VCI to bike I thought was included with tuner. You then need the printer cable which of course in a HD Box is twice the cost

Old 11-27-2015, 09:24 PM
Longridertx
Road Master

Cables not included with the SEPST. I bought the cable kit long ago. Didn't know back then a printer cable could be used. Very happy with my SEPST. Since I have never used any of the others I was asking if cables come with those tuners.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SERT vs SERT Pro