Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mean City Cycles - Seat Mod. Happy Customer

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 05:23 PM
hellbilly78
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the reply. Would be interested in hearing your thoughts of the seat on a good long ride. My concern is goin lower and feeling cramped up on a long ride. Whats some of you guys opinions on gettin the seat covered with leather rather that vinyl?

Old 12-28-2015, 06:14 PM
nevada72
Banned
Received 25,622 Likes on 12,010 Posts

Originally Posted by hellbilly78
Thanks for the reply. Would be interested in hearing your thoughts of the seat on a good long ride. My concern is goin lower and feeling cramped up on a long ride. Whats some of you guys opinions on gettin the seat covered with leather rather that vinyl?
While one might think going lower would be an issue, with forward controls, it's not. My modified seat is one of 4 that I have. It is my long distance seat. It was modified primarily for comfort. In fact, having a long inseam, seat height is not at all a factor for me, and lowering it did nothing to cramp my cockpit. As mentioned by the OP, I like being a bit under the air stream. But, to be able to do that and retain seat comfort is a bit of a trick. MCC manages to do that. Of note, memory foam gets hard when it's cold. So be prepared for that if you live in the north like I do. Irt takes a bit for the seat to warm up, and soften up. I use an Alaskan Sheepskin over my touring seats anyway, so no matter.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:57 PM
dforeid
Road Captain
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by nevada72
While one might think going lower would be an issue, with forward controls, it's not. My modified seat is one of 4 that I have. It is my long distance seat. It was modified primarily for comfort. In fact, having a long inseam, seat height is not at all a factor for me, and lowering it did nothing to cramp my cockpit. As mentioned by the OP, I like being a bit under the air stream. But, to be able to do that and retain seat comfort is a bit of a trick. MCC manages to do that. Of note, memory foam gets hard when it's cold. So be prepared for that if you live in the north like I do. Irt takes a bit for the seat to warm up, and soften up. I use an Alaskan Sheepskin over my touring seats anyway, so no matter.
While it is quite a bit lower, at 6' I don't feel cramped at all.... No further forward or back, just lower.

Last edited by dforeid; 12-29-2015 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:11 PM
Brytam
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for posting this! I was considering using them as I feel I am sitting up on top instead of seated down "in the bike". They are only about 30 minutes from me & I have been given 2 recommendations for them in the past couple of weeks. Glad to see their work on your seat. A lot cheaper than buying a new seat! Gonna give them a call. Thanks!

Old 12-29-2015, 09:19 PM
dforeid
Road Captain
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Brytam
Thanks for posting this! I was considering using them as I feel I am sitting up on top instead of seated down "in the bike". They are only about 30 minutes from me & I have been given 2 recommendations for them in the past couple of weeks. Glad to see their work on your seat. A lot cheaper than buying a new seat! Gonna give them a call. Thanks!
You bet. They are excellent to deal with and do a fantastic job. Lucky that you live so close to them. My shipping was almost equal to their charges since I am so far away from them. You won't be disappointed...

Old 12-30-2015, 11:36 AM
Dezz
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dforeid
You bet. They are excellent to deal with and do a fantastic job. Lucky that you live so close to them. My shipping was almost equal to their charges since I am so far away from them. You won't be disappointed...
About how long was the turnaround from the day you sent it out to the day you got it back? I'm guessing shipping time/cost would be relatively close to where I'm at.

Old 12-30-2015, 12:20 PM
MilesOfTexas
Road Warrior
Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Dezz
About how long was the turnaround from the day you sent it out to the day you got it back? I'm guessing shipping time/cost would be relatively close to where I'm at.
They work by appointment. You set up the day and the seat has to be there in time for the appointment. They ship it back the same day that the work was scheduled for. You probably want to have it at their shop a business day prior to the appointment. How much time it takes to get there and get back depends on how much you are willing to spend for shipping costs.

http://www.meancitycycles.com/

From their website:
"We schedule all of our work, by doing so this makes our turn around time over night."

Old 12-30-2015, 12:48 PM
bill1nat
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I had mine done over a year ago........VERY PLEASED!!

Old 12-30-2015, 01:21 PM
DALE#3
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Just letting forum know that they WILL NOT do low profile Leather seats.Not bad mouthing. They told me they don't like the finish product.
I like their HONESTY.Seats like my below pictured type.That was about 4 mouths ago

Last edited by DALE#3; 12-30-2015 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:54 PM
UnaHarlista
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice post; thanks for the info.
I, too, was considering using them for my HD 2-up seat a while back.
This helped my decision, but I'll probably wait until late March or early April ... no sense in doing it now; bike is put away for the winter.

Quick Reply: Mean City Cycles - Seat Mod. Happy Customer