Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mean City Cycles - Seat Mod. Happy Customer

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 07:58 PM
torchmaster
Road Warrior
Received 156 Likes on 99 Posts

I was considering a hammock touring seat but think I'll go with mean city. I like my stock seat and riding position just need long distance comfort. After 2 hours on the stocker my azz is burning.

Old 12-30-2015, 10:41 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 260 Likes on 135 Posts

I know a couple of guys who have MCC mod their seats and they are all very happy with them. Unfortunately they won't touch Corbin seats, and that's what I have. I may send them my stock seat though.

Old 12-30-2015, 11:30 PM
dforeid
Road Captain
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Dezz
About how long was the turnaround from the day you sent it out to the day you got it back? I'm guessing shipping time/cost would be relatively close to where I'm at.
I used UPS ground so it was a week in shipping each way. They only had the seat 2 days - they turn them around quick because you have a prearranged appointment with them.

Old 12-30-2015, 11:31 PM
dforeid
Road Captain

Originally Posted by UnaHarlista
Nice post; thanks for the info.
I, too, was considering using them for my HD 2-up seat a while back.
This helped my decision, but I'll probably wait until late March or early April ... no sense in doing it now; bike is put away for the winter.
I actually did mine now, BECAUSE it was winter and out of riding season where I live....

Old 12-31-2015, 04:58 AM
UnaHarlista
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dforeid
I actually did mine now, BECAUSE it was winter and out of riding season where I live....
Good point ... maybe I'll do it next month.
And then I'll get impatient 'cause I can't go test it out until April ... maybe even May.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:42 AM
jimmy1439
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hellbilly78
Thanks for the reply. Would be interested in hearing your thoughts of the seat on a good long ride. My concern is goin lower and feeling cramped up on a long ride. Whats some of you guys opinions on gettin the seat covered with leather rather that vinyl?
I'm 5'8", with a 32" inseam. I went with 1.5" lower and a layer of memory foam. They call it the Super Narrow Mod. That's cause they also narrow up the front of the seat. I have taken a couple long trips since then and have not felt cramped at all. I also stay comfortable throughout the ride. Definitely worth the money, especially compared to buying a seat.

I can't say anything to your question regarding leather. BTW, that's not the seat in question in the picture.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:53 AM
dforeid
Road Captain

Good time to do it now with the riding season coming up just around the corner for many....

Old 01-17-2016, 06:36 PM
biil9
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Allen did my mustang seat for 03 flht and my first ride was 380 miles. What a difference. Now i dont want to get off it. Great workmanship and customer service.

Old 01-18-2016, 12:58 PM
CalgaryBikeBum
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

I love this forum. I sent my seat all the way from Alberta Canada to have MCC do it. It's scheduled for tomorrow. Adding heat option while its there anyways. Get a sore tailbone so they are going to add a relief area for the tail bone and do the double decker mod because of my height weight. Also shave the passenger area down as I ride solo and it looks like a giant marshmallow with out back rest on. LOL

Old 02-02-2016, 05:36 PM
Brytam
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just dropped off my Road King Sundowner seat there yesterday. They are about 30 minutes from me. Will be ready for pickup Thursday. Interesting they wanted to know me & the wife's height & weight to correctly configure the seat + if we had any tailbone issues. My wife broke hers a few years ago, so they are configuring the passenger portion of the seat so it won't cause discomfort for her. Pretty cool! I was impressed. Can't wait for Thursday!!

Quick Reply: Mean City Cycles - Seat Mod. Happy Customer