Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ClearView Shields review

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 02:58 PM
Sw1
Road Captain
Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Any discounts out there?

Old 02-07-2016, 11:14 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Funny to read this review today. One of my buddies emailed me today with his happy review of his Clearview shield for his 15 Road King. He went with the wide shield too, not sure of height. He added the vent. Said the vent really works. His girl also liked how well the shield worked.

I recommended Clearview from my experience. Just upgraded to a large recurve shield with the 5" added width for my 14 Limited. Very effective.

Clearview is a great small windshield company, made in Colorado using top materials from what I see. Worth a little extra $$$ IMHO. Compare the shape/design and as others have said thickness. The optics are also top notch.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:47 AM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,503 Likes on 1,073 Posts

Originally Posted by Sw1
Any discounts out there?
They usually have discounts during certain holidays. Call 'em and tell 'em you just missed their year-end holiday discount, they may be able to get you something. Not sure if they give forum member discounts though.

Old 02-11-2016, 07:37 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Clearview just emailed a discount offer for Presidents day. $25 off any shield. The offer code is PDS25, use at checkout. http://www.clearviewshields.com/

Last edited by scottt; 02-12-2016 at 10:22 AM.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:58 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts

We have been using those shields since 05 many different sizes and shades with or without vents and now our both Limiteds have CV shields it's an outstanding product. Visited there vendor booth in Sturgis last year they lend me a shield for a quick review for the 15 with the vent which IMO the vent was unnecessary.

Old 02-11-2016, 09:53 PM
gjetson
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a CV on my RK, and now I have one on my EG. I went with the vented shield and it acts a lot like the vent on the newer bikes. You can also get discounted shields if they have a small defect in them, at least I got one when I bought mine, and if they didn't tell me were it was I never would have even noticed. I will definitely buy from them again when and if ever I need a new one.

Old 02-19-2016, 11:18 AM
polbit
Tourer
Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Does the vent help at all with the buffeting, or is it more for airflow in warmer weather? I have an 18" recurve from LRS, and it works fine with my half-helmet, but for some reason with my full-face Shoei RF1200 that I use for daily commute it is buffeting way too much, and anything over 70 is unbearable. I've been going back and forth between trying a 14" to hopefully get clean air for my full-face helmet, but that would mean spending money on the brackets too, which makes it a bit expensive...

If I could get the 17" with the vent to work for both full-face and half-face that would be great... I'm 5'11" with 32" inseam.

Old 02-19-2016, 04:31 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Clearview Shields now offering $20 off any windshield with promo code BSR20.

http://www.clearviewshields.com/

In case anyone is interested, just received the email alert.

Old 02-20-2016, 09:36 PM
gjetson
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by polbit
Does the vent help at all with the buffeting, or is it more for airflow in warmer weather? I have an 18" recurve from LRS, and it works fine with my half-helmet, but for some reason with my full-face Shoei RF1200 that I use for daily commute it is buffeting way too much, and anything over 70 is unbearable. I've been going back and forth between trying a 14" to hopefully get clean air for my full-face helmet, but that would mean spending money on the brackets too, which makes it a bit expensive...

If I could get the 17" with the vent to work for both full-face and half-face that would be great... I'm 5'11" with 32" inseam.

I believe that it does help with the buffeting. I'm the same height as you and with the stock windshield it would give me a head ache it shook my head so much. That's what I meant when I said that it acts like the vents on the new bike it disrupts the air flow, making for a smoother ride.

Old 02-21-2016, 05:36 AM
polbit
Tourer
Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by gjetson
I believe that it does help with the buffeting. I'm the same height as you and with the stock windshield it would give me a head ache it shook my head so much. That's what I meant when I said that it acts like the vents on the new bike it disrupts the air flow, making for a smoother ride.
I placed an order for vent-free shield literally an hour before you responded I have a feeling I'll be trying on few different shield sizes anyway. Yesterday I took my wife for a longer ride, so I put the stock seat back on. It's probably a good inch higher, and it was brutal on me even in my half-helmet, so I'm trying the 18.5" instead, but I have a feeling I might end up getting two separate shield setups...

Quick Reply: ClearView Shields review