Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

resetting pin for security 07 sg

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 09:23 AM
woodhaven glide
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default resetting pin for security 07 sg

I tried resetting my pin last night, followed all the instructions in the owners manual didnt want to take , my key fob went bad and it made for long night, anyone else have a problem with resetting or am I posssibly missing something?

Old 05-10-2007, 03:53 AM
Drum
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: resetting pin for security 07 sg

Yeah, I had the same problem but I'll try it again. If I can't get it this time it's back to the dealer. I cant get the code to flash.

Old 05-10-2007, 04:15 AM
JohnC88
Tourer

I changed mine at home and had no problem.

Old 05-10-2007, 09:54 AM
06ultra
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: JohnC88

I changed mine at home and had no problem.
Same here!!!!

Old 05-11-2007, 03:46 PM
woodhaven glide
Intermediate

[8D]got it changed last night this time I cycled from acc to off to ign on the 1 st step and seemed to work, but not every time I had to try it a few times, thanks.

Old 05-11-2007, 04:35 PM
tjmac49
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Woodhaven Glide: Do you know the factory code? On my '07 Ultra it was: 11111. The Owners' Manual does a poor job of detailing the technique. After you depress the left turn signal the third time keep it depressed while you depress the right turn signal; the code should flash after that. Hope this helps.

Old 05-11-2007, 04:39 PM
the_icemAN
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had the issue of even 'trying out' my code once I set it. Then I forgot it and had to 'reset it' to something else.

One of the biggest 'tricks' or things to remember is to NOT be on your bike at all. any weight shift it re-enables the security (whether you are entering your code or changing it. Have the bike on the Jiffy and just be standing next to the bike. Sitting on it still don't work well I've found out. Standing next to it ... seems to be the trick and not moving the bars at all.

Old 05-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Beeracuda
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: the_icemAN

I had the issue of even 'trying out' my code once I set it. Then I forgot it and had to 'reset it' to something else.
I just bought an 02 Road Glide and it didn't come with any fobs, but when I took the seat off, I noticed it had the security system module installed. If the previous owner set his personal code, is there a way to reset it? I found out how the "marry" a new fob to the existing system, but I didn't find anything about resetting the code, if you don't know what the old one is.

TIA,

Monty

Old 05-11-2007, 05:04 PM
the_icemAN
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I believe to 'reset it' you need a working FOB. I could be wrong (as I don't usually carry my manual with me). But if memory serves to set/reset the security on the bike you need an active FOB so it knows you are 'legit' to begin with.

This makes sense.... cuzzzzzzzzzz you don't want someone just 'knowing the instructions' on how to reset the internal security PIN and not having to have a FOB and just making the change and riding off into the sunset with your ride.

If you want instructions on how to do it ... I can re-post later on this evening with the steps.

But if you do have a touring manual for your bike the steps are in there on how to set it or reset it.

Old 05-11-2007, 05:05 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,179 Likes on 2,450 Posts

ORIGINAL: Beeracuda

ORIGINAL: the_icemAN

I just bought an 02 Road Glide and it didn't come with any fobs, but when I took the seat off, I noticed it had the security system module installed. If the previous owner set his personal code, is there a way to reset it? I found out how the "marry" a new fob to the existing system, but I didn't find anything about resetting the code, if you don't know what the old one is.

TIA,

Monty
doesn't matter, if you have the fob and its working, then you can change it. also, when you first enter into the security change mode, it will flash your code for you. (at least on my 07)

if you think the manual does a poor job of explaining it, then you read it wrong. follow it step by step, stay off the bike (as above) and its easy.