Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Road Glide starting problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 09:04 PM
Seattle07Glide
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by black n white
Had an '08 RK that started fine cold but wouldn't restart after it warmed up and was shut off for any time under @ an hour. Wanted to act like a weak battery. I replaced the battery, overlayed a good ground cable to the starter, then decided to take it in for repairs. Dealer said it was the starter drive and replaced it. Two days later I had to take it right back, this time they said compensator and replaced it at no charge. They said its erratic movement caused the crank sensor to confuse the pcm, (engine computer) therefor firing at incorrect time.
Would love to have that luck of getting it replaced at no charge! Unfortunately a new compensator is speennddyyy!

I'm thinking it might have to do with the connection between the starter and the case (that earlier posted bulletin). Because it didn't have this problem before I replaced the starter clutch, so I'm thinking it might be an issue of not cleaning it well enough before putting it back on? Not sure yet, but haven't had the nerve to pull the starter off again yet. Just been riding that bike lately only when it'll have some downtime between stops lol