Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

System to flush remaining 24oz + of dirty oil out of the motor when changing oil

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 01:01 AM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 136 Likes on 120 Posts
Default System to flush remaining 24oz + of dirty oil out of the motor when changing oil

HI guys,are you aware that when performing an oil change that there's 24oz + of dirty oil still left the crankcase of your HD every time you drain the oil from the crankcase and remove & drain the oil filter?

Thats why not too long after you do an oil & filter change on our HD's the oil starts turning color & getting dirty before it should because of the 24oz + of dirty oil left behind in the crankcase has mixed with the fresh 3.5qts or so of fresh oil you just installed.

Well i hope this isnt old news to you guys but chk out this neat system i ran across in Hot Bike Magazine that flushes / removes the 24oz+ of dirty oil left in the crankcase , it only takes approx 5 mins to hook up the system & flush the remaining 24oz + of dirty oil out of the crankcase & motor oiling system.

It's a bit pricey for what it is but when you think of how many oil changes we will be doing over many miles & yrs owning our HD's that would better justify the fairly small investment.

Only thing i'd be very careful of would be to shut the motor down as soon as you see the first air bubbles in the oil feed tube coming from the fresh qt of oil the system uses to flush out the 24oz + of old dirty oil left behind in the motor & crankcase.

The short video in the link i provided will explain / show whats going on with the flush process if my above explanation didn't make sense & or confused you.

So chk out the video in the link i posted below and other stating the obvious that its a bit pricey for what the system is please let me know what you guys think of the kit design itself like how it works along with if you see any issues that could damage the motor like for example running the motor too long after the fresh qt of oil used to flush the old oil out has run dry,etc.

I am going to research it a bit more and will be watching to see what you guys think of it too before i get serious about actually buying it.

So let me know what you guys think of it.

Happy motoring.

Scott

=========================================

http://roguechopper.com/products/twin-cam-a-touring-kit

Change ALL of Your Oil

Taking care of your Harley Davidson® motorcycle is important. Checking the oil level frequently, changing it regularly, and using quality oil and filters is one of the best ways to extend the life of your bike. The Scavenger system supplies the tools and methods to flush all of the dirty oil out of your bike when you change your oil. It's a simple process that adds but a few minutes of time to a typical oil change—and it's easy to use!
100% Satisfaction Guarantee

When you change your oil there's still 24-32 ounces of dirty oil in the sump at the bottom of the engine and up around the cylinders of the engine. Our system is a safe and effective way to remove this contaminated oil with no loss of oil pressure at any time. The Scavenger pushes the dirty oil out of the bike by supplying fresh oil through the engine pump and re-routing the dirty oil so that there's no contamination of dirty oil and clean oil. It's easy-to-do, and each kit comes with printed instructions and photos to show you exactly how simple the Scavenger is. Plus, there is a toll-free number for questions met by our raved-about customer service. Our 30-day, 100% satisfaction guarantee means a full refund is available if you're not pleased with the results.

Extend the Life of Your Bike

One of the most important maintenance items we can do to extend the life of our bikes is to change the oil. Finally a method that flushes the engine clean for a better oil change and extends the interval between oil changes by thousands of miles*. Our quality parts that are engineered to last a lifetime will have you saying what most Scavenger customers say—"I'll never change oil the old way again."

Last edited by wscott; 01-14-2016 at 01:09 AM.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:19 AM
big papa AZ
Stellar HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 215 Posts

I change the oil and filter per HD, and ride. No need to overthink ****...

Old 01-14-2016, 03:53 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Is the company paying forum members to pimp this product? Sweet Jesus, this is like the 5th thread on this since January 1st.

To the OP

Yes, most everyone is aware of the scavenger oil change system. It has been the subject of epic threads that sometimes get locked because of arguing. The general consensus here is that it's a waste of time and money. Some hold to the belief that it's a savior for the HD engine, many of us who have put high miles on HDs without it disagree.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:31 AM
CanonSterVA
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Completely aware that oil is left behind.
Not enough to worry about as no one has ever had a problem.

Getting back to the other threads with useful information.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:45 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,786 Likes on 9,863 Posts
Old 01-14-2016, 06:17 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,191 Likes on 2,457 Posts

'they' say it's 24oz of old dirty oil. i think that it's probably more like 4 oz that takes 20 oz to flush out....

thanks, but no thanks. i've never had a problem not using it in the past.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:22 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by wscott
HI guys,are you aware that when performing an oil change that there's 24oz + of dirty oil still left the crankcase of your HD every time you drain the oil from the crankcase and remove & drain the oil filter?

Thats why not too long after you do an oil & filter change on our HD's the oil starts turning color & getting dirty before it should because of the 24oz + of dirty oil left behind in the crankcase has mixed with the fresh 3.5qts or so of fresh oil you just installed.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Well i hope this isnt old news to you guys but chk out this neat system i ran across in Hot Bike Magazine that flushes / removes the 24oz+ of dirty oil left in the crankcase , it only takes approx 5 mins to hook up the system & flush the remaining 24oz + of dirty oil out of the crankcase & motor oiling system.

Now ask yourself this question, do you do it to your car, truck, lawnmower etc. It's amazing how silly people are when it comes to a motorcycle.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:37 AM
skydude426
Club Member
Received 385 Likes on 221 Posts

Unnecessary overkill in my opinion.
On the other hand, if that little bit of dirty oil bothers you and you feel better flushing it out, it certainly won't hurt a thing and you'll feel better about your oil change. So knock yourself out. It's your bike, time and money. I see no problem with it.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:42 AM
DresserDude
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks for the infomercial.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:43 AM
scooterbum46
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Take a glass of milk..........

Quick Reply: System to flush remaining 24oz + of dirty oil out of the motor when changing oil