Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

daytona bike week

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 07:23 AM
kojak
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,488 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Been going for 30 years and every year for past 12 years! Getting away from the snow and being around non-stop motorcycles! How can you beat that?

Old 01-31-2016, 07:29 AM
batman.
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by FastHarley
As with all rallies I attend, I have to trailer as I can not get over 1,000#(?) of tools and products on my bike or in my saddlebags. I will be leaving from Davie FL on the Thursday the third (a little early for the time) and traveling to Daytona & leaving on Sunday 13th (usually between 10~11am). If you are in need of assistance please place my phone # in your pocket (old school) or phone and call me as I will answer. I will have tools and slight knowledge on HD's to either get you going, tow your bike to a repair shop, or Daytona. I offer this every year as I know what it is like being on the side of the road breathing no-see-ums with the day sucking. For you negative thinkers, no I do not charge.

I will also be staying at the Scoot Motel run by a biker who is/was a (Viet Nam Tanker) Marine, a real down home biker, and has no problem helping others in letting me work on your bike (if necessary) along with plenty of free opinions & support from slightly inebriated guests offering cocktails to the downtrodden traveler. The point is biking is done for the adventure no matter what life throws at you. You must make the best of it as your time on earth is speeding by.
I won't be attending this rally but wanted to say to you Howard and the vet that's awesome on both of your parts. That's going way above the call of duty.

Batman

Old 01-31-2016, 07:37 AM
cwsharp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 151 Likes on 111 Posts

Will be there for the entire event... big time sanity restoration regular event for me.

Old 01-31-2016, 07:58 AM
vichendrix
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be going down too . north of Toronto Ont Canada about 1300 miles . Do it every year , our sanity break midwinter .

Old 01-31-2016, 10:03 AM
THE PEG
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

I've been getting out of New York cold for years. This is the start of my riding season. This years trip Vero Beach, Keys, Miami-Ft. Lauderdale and Daytona. Will be going over the bike this week.

Old 01-31-2016, 11:45 AM
saintv90
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be there, from Milwaukee! Looking forward to getting on the bike in March!

Old 01-31-2016, 03:10 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by svarnster
I am getting excited I was just sitting here wondering how many of the guys on here are planning on going and from how far away.
I am about 70 % on going and am in south carolina
Don't let any knuckleheads scare with 'eww...awful traffic and beer prices go up....". It is going to be the 75th anniversary of daytona Bike Week, make it if you can.
Oh...if you like to ride while here, may I suggest a nice ride up A1A to St. Augustine? Might take 50 minutes or so, take in some U.S. History. Or a ride down U.S. 1
to Kennedy Space Center.....might take about 50 minutes of so....take route 40 to Ocala/Silver Springs. Yup, about 50 minutes. Or if you are adventurist....ride from
Daytonas BEACH all the way to the Gulf of Mexico. Some start early, because it does take a few hours. If you like to ride....you can find a destination in Florida.
Go ahead and try to climb Mount Dora!

Old 01-31-2016, 05:43 PM
miami
Road Master
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

don't forget to buy the 75 anniversary t-shirt

Old 01-31-2016, 06:08 PM
scottbob99
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 54 Posts

I mailed you a check. Hopefully you can ship my shocks before you leave. Either way. Be safe.

Originally Posted by FastHarley
As with all rallies I attend, I have to trailer as I can not get over 1,000#(?) of tools and products on my bike or in my saddlebags. I will be leaving from Davie FL on the Thursday the third (a little early for the time) and traveling to Daytona & leaving on Sunday 13th (usually between 10~11am). If you are in need of assistance please place my phone # in your pocket (old school) or phone and call me as I will answer. I will have tools and slight knowledge on HD's to either get you going, tow your bike to a repair shop, or Daytona. I offer this every year as I know what it is like being on the side of the road breathing no-see-ums with the day sucking. For you negative thinkers, no I do not charge.

I will also be staying at the Scoot Motel run by a biker who is/was a (Viet Nam Tanker) Marine, a real down home biker, and has no problem helping others in letting me work on your bike (if necessary) along with plenty of free opinions & support from slightly inebriated guests offering cocktails to the downtrodden traveler. The point is biking is done for the adventure no matter what life throws at you. You must make the best of it as your time on earth is speeding by.

Old 01-31-2016, 06:14 PM
Badbagger09
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

My wife and will be riding from Sarasota this year. Its been 10 years since we were there and since we winter in Florida we are going to make the trip.

Quick Reply: daytona bike week