Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

daytona bike week

Old 02-12-2016, 12:39 PM
Seventy4blazer
Road Master
Received 137 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by nmlazz
Hey 74...What's the best route to take from CA? I would like to make that trip in the next few years and was wondering about routes and weather etc. if you have experience riding that route.

Thanks
This is my first time going, and first time riding across the USA...

But here is the route that I am taking. ~500 mile days for the most part. should be nice and relaxing. camping the entire trip. Staying in a friend of a friends back yard for the few days that I'll actually be at the rally, and then friends and family for the most part on the rest of the trip.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...T4&usp=sharing

Southern route out, northern route (weather permitting) back.
I have a couple extra stops on the way near where I am staying as points of interest and will probably add more on the trip.

Old 02-12-2016, 01:50 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

Just moved from Louisville to Upstate SC last year, me and a buddy are making the trip this year. It'll be my first Daytona since about '80, I'm guessing it's totally different now. He found us a place to stay right downtown (I'd suggested a few miles out of town but got overruled) so I guess it is what it is.

Riding down on the 10th, back to SC on the 13th. Quick trip, just under 500 miles. I'm actually looking forward to it...

If anyone is rolling down on the 10th from the Greenville area, let me know - maybe we can ride it down together. My buddy is probably trailering from around Murrells Inlet, SC. Don't know if I can follow a truck and trailer on my bike, doesn't feel right. :-)

Old 02-13-2016, 09:47 AM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Well I am going but for me Main Street is about 4 miles away.....LOL. Used to come down from NYC every year but now that I live here its really getting old. This year should be better, have a bunch of old friends coming down and staying with me. Hoping they put some life back into it.

Travel safe on the way down, JIM

Old 02-13-2016, 10:17 AM
jt metal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by HDJIM1158
Well I am going but for me Main Street is about 4 miles away.....LOL. Used to come down from NYC every year but now that I live here its really getting old. This year should be better, have a bunch of old friends coming down and staying with me. Hoping they put some life back into it.

Travel safe on the way down, JIM
Well if one or two of your friends don't show. Give me a jingle. I need a place to crash.....lol! Rooms are a bit pricey down around A1A.

Old 02-13-2016, 12:43 PM
glasspilot
Road Master
Received 263 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDawgQC
I think we are going. 563 miles. Good 80mph day ride down I-95. Set the cruise!
Hey BigDawg, where in NC? I'm in Kitty Hawk. I'm headin out 21st 22nd Feb, towing a homemade trailer (behind the bike) for camping. I will be camping on the infield of the speedway March 10th to 13th.

I stay on Route 17 until south of Charleston, SC. Then grit my teeth and hit I-95.

Old 02-13-2016, 02:58 PM
BigDawgQC
Road Warrior

Received 313 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by glasspilot
Hey BigDawg, where in NC? I'm in Kitty Hawk. I'm headin out 21st 22nd Feb, towing a homemade trailer (behind the bike) for camping. I will be camping on the infield of the speedway March 10th to 13th.

I stay on Route 17 until south of Charleston, SC. Then grit my teeth and hit I-95.
Glasspilot,

If we go, it will be Thursday morning the 10th...leaving out of Raleigh. Since we only have a short time, we will blast down I-95 till St. Aug & then A1A. It's possible we may stay in St. Aug. (save a few bucks & only an hour away)

Old 02-15-2016, 09:53 AM
Bushy
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I am heading down... trailer but for a reason Bringing down a buddies bike along since he is limited on time .. Its the
right thing to do. Heading down from the Big Apple

Old 02-15-2016, 12:15 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 651 Posts

I'm making the 10 mile commute haha from my house in port orange. I even managed to take the week on leave from work. Deffinitely going to go to ******* tropical tattoo for the chopper show and robisons for the s&s show

Old 02-15-2016, 05:42 PM
puzzled1
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be the the 4th through the 13th. I'm hauling 12 bikes down. 1100 miles from NE PA.

Old 02-15-2016, 06:07 PM
Blu88
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are leaving on the 5 from Louisville Ky eara going thru Nashville .... Can hook up and ride to Daytona

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: daytona bike week