Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Antigravity batteries jump start

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 11:09 AM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,524 Likes on 1,421 Posts

As with ANY jump starter, be sure of the amp capacity of the jump starter, and the needs of what you are jumping off. Some will do fine for our bikes or a small car engine - but for V-8's, many will not be up for the job.
Be sure of what to expect from the unit, and choose wisely.
Prices are dropping on these, no need to jump on the smallest and cheapest thinking it will start all your vehicles. Consider your needs, FIRST.

Old 02-04-2016, 11:35 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

I got my Anti-Gravity XP1 from our sponsor DK and I've used it to start cars but never my bike.It has always worked as advertised.

Old 02-04-2016, 11:50 AM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,289 Likes on 1,904 Posts

Originally Posted by craigffb
I got the one from Wal Mart the other day and saw people talking about jumping a bike from the starter. The directions say to jump from the battery. Are people jumping from the starter to avoid taking off the seat or what? What's the right way to do it in the event I need to? Thanks
Yes. Lift the rubber boot on the starter and that is the cable from battery positive.

Originally Posted by TheGrandPoohBah
As with ANY jump starter, be sure of the amp capacity of the jump starter, and the needs of what you are jumping off. Some will do fine for our bikes or a small car engine - but for V-8's, many will not be up for the job.
Be sure of what to expect from the unit, and choose wisely.
Prices are dropping on these, no need to jump on the smallest and cheapest thinking it will start all your vehicles. Consider your needs, FIRST.
Good advice, the Walmart one has a peak rating of 400 amps.

Old 02-13-2016, 02:39 PM
RidemyEVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought the Antigravity XP-10 at xmas time, it was 25% off from AG, I was waiting for my AG 720 CCA battery to come back under warranty so figured save the shipping and ordered the XP-10 anyway tried it connected to my HD bagger with the battery out just for kicks, didn't even try to roll it over. Perhaps it was because I had it connected to the battery cables themselves. Wasn't real concerned.

Old 02-13-2016, 02:55 PM
jt metal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

I talked to antigravity last night. They said their jumpers work maybe twice. Reserve is low. Charges back up in a couple hrs. This was their $129 unit. On sale for $90.

Great way to save yourself or someone else. I'm in!

Looks like you can plug it into tender cable? Is that true?

Old 02-13-2016, 08:26 PM
RoadsterGlide
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Antigravity has a selection of harnesses on their accessories webpage, one of which you can use in lieu of a tender that comes with an SAE plug so the harness doubles as a tender cable. They don't recommend jump starting with a typical battery tender cable because the wire gauge supposedly won't handle the load of a jump start. At least that's the way I understand it. I ordered their compact Sport model jumper and it's on the way.

Old 02-13-2016, 11:07 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,863 Likes on 4,113 Posts

I have the XP-10 and have used it to jump one of my tractors. It worked flawlessly. Living in Texas with the heat, my HD batteries have only lasted 2 +/- years with the bike on a tender all the time. Also, if I have to start the bike numerous times in 1 day, I can tell the battery is "feeling it." It is piece of mind in the saddlebag.

Originally Posted by jt metal
... Looks like you can plug it into tender cable? Is that true?
Originally Posted by RoadsterGlide
... They don't recommend jump starting with a typical battery tender cable because the wire gauge supposedly won't handle the load of a jump start...
^ This. The pigtail for the jump starter is heavier gauge wire than a tender pigtail. I would not use the tender pigtail for the jump starter.

Originally Posted by hemi1300
... Ordered the xp3 unit to keep in my sg saddlebag, and may order the xp10 for the wife's jeep after I see how well the xp3 performs ...
If you do purchase the XP-10, be aware. The pigtail for the XP-3 unit will NOT work with the XP-10. The XP-10 has its own pigtail.

Old 02-13-2016, 11:54 PM
BackRoader
Road Master
Received 105 Likes on 84 Posts

Got one and love it. Cranks over my v8 with no problems. Beats the **** out of jumper cables!

Old 02-14-2016, 12:00 AM
BackRoader
Road Master
Received 105 Likes on 84 Posts

Bought the powerall pbjsPBJS16000 from Battery Outfitters. $169 is pricey, but it has 600 cca and jumped my sons camry 20 times on one charge. They have a lower priced model for $119, but I believe it is just 400 cca.