Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

has anyone replaced mirrors w/camera

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 02:11 PM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
Hear here.

Another solution for a problem that doesn't exist.

On trucks, buses... SUVs, when backing can be a good aid, but are still not a replacement for mirrors.
well, I am going to have to disagree with you... while mirrors do a fairly good job at what they were intended to do, I would think a camera/monitor could do a better job...mirrors are very non-aerodynamic,have a tendency to vibrate and require you to check 2 different areas with your eyes to get a full picture of what is going on behind you ... a well placed, very small wide angle camera (or 2) can cover all of the areas and project it onto a single screen in the center of the normal viewing area (I would imagine right around where the handlebars mount to the forks would be ideal), and if properly mounted and provided with antishake technology should all but eliminate vibration...And beside that since when is fixing a problem that does not exist ever been an issue with a Harley Davidson, I mean people for years have been taking perfectly running and handling bikes and completely changing them to improve nothing more than the owners ego...

Old 02-11-2016, 02:17 PM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by trip20
I've heard -- but have not confirmed for myself -- that a mirror will project an image of what's behind you if placed in the right spot.

interesting to know, but not at all helpful to the question that I am asking...