Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Ride Shields

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 04:41 AM
joe98
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Long Ride Shields

Hey fellas, was on LRS web site last night and noticed sale prices on Batwing models Ultra shields. I remember at Christmas time they were having a great sale, is it on again? Another question for those of you with 1996-2013 Batwing fairing bikes: Is there a notice difference between the Polycarbonate Elite Series and the Ultra Series? They look like really nice shields. 2008 Street Glide is what I'll be installing it on. Thanks for all your help; always appreciated ...

Joe

Old 02-09-2016, 05:01 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts

Call or email them, they're pretty responsive.

Old 02-09-2016, 06:30 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 324 Likes on 222 Posts

James the owner is great to work with and yes the poly is more rock chip resistant imo.

Old 02-09-2016, 09:03 AM
fwb35
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Poly will not shatter or crack, its what they use on race car windshields, is safer than plexi that will shatter, I will never use a plexi shield.

Old 02-09-2016, 09:59 AM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

The Ultra and the Ultra Elite are the same design shield. You guys are right. The difference is the material they are made from. The standard Ultra is made from an impact modified acrylic. It is DOT approved and shatterproof. It is hardened, so scratch resistant but does not have a hard coating. The Ultra Elite is made from the highest grade polycarbonate and has a glass hard coating on both sides. Very scratch resistant. Pros and cons to both. The Ultra, impact modified acrylic shield can scratch easier but can be polished over and over again. The Elite is tougher to scratch but if you scratch it, you are stuck with it. You can not polish polycarbonate. You would be polishing off the hard coating and making things worse. Can't go wrong with either choice, but yes the Elite is a better, more durable material.

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 02-09-2016, 11:38 AM
Hausguy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The LRS product and company are great.

Old 02-09-2016, 11:44 AM
cprhed
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,065 Likes on 614 Posts

I love mine. And they are great about throwing discount deals out there all the time. If you paid full price, you weren't paying attention.

Old 02-09-2016, 02:13 PM
trnewman
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by longrideshields-1
The Ultra and the Ultra Elite are the same design shield. You guys are right. The difference is the material they are made from. The standard Ultra is made from an impact modified acrylic. It is DOT approved and shatterproof. It is hardened, so scratch resistant but does not have a hard coating. The Ultra Elite is made from the highest grade polycarbonate and has a glass hard coating on both sides. Very scratch resistant. Pros and cons to both. The Ultra, impact modified acrylic shield can scratch easier but can be polished over and over again. The Elite is tougher to scratch but if you scratch it, you are stuck with it. You can not polish polycarbonate. You would be polishing off the hard coating and making things worse. Can't go wrong with either choice, but yes the Elite is a better, more durable material.
What would you use to polish the standard Ultra acrylic?

Old 02-09-2016, 03:14 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

Been using their shields for years. Never had any problems. I use a Stealth in dark tint. JR

Old 02-10-2016, 04:18 AM
a99miata
Road Captain
Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

got one on my Heritage and really like it. Just wish it was couple inches wider.

Quick Reply: Long Ride Shields