Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Came back to Clearview from Klock

Old 02-09-2016, 04:45 PM
chriscalabro
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Came back to Clearview from Klock

Having had the bike for close to 10 years now I have tried pretty much every windshield out there. I had clearview in previous years but decided to try a Klock. Well no doubt the Klock is the prettiest shield on a road glide IMO BUT I have now replaced my 3rd and final Klock. They all cracked at the mounting points after 1-2 years.

I love the Klock look but this is getting ridiculous. When faced with changing again I decided to go back to Clearview for a GT13 with Dark tint. In prior years they did not have dark tint in as many models as they do today.

Right out of the box there is no way you can ignore the significant weight difference between the Klock and CV. This is due to the thicker heavier materials on the CV. The hardware that comes with the shield was far superior not a small factor when dealing with wellnuts on a FLTR where the cheap ones tend to fall inside the cowling.

CV is not an off the shelf option as the Klock is and they does have as sexy a curve to them BUT the better build quality and heavier materials coupled with improved hardware suggest I will not be replacing this again for sometime.

Old 02-09-2016, 05:48 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,857 Likes on 1,488 Posts

I bought a GT 14 in light smoke, when I bought my 16 RG Ultra.

I have the Harley dashboard storage pockets on the bike, and didn't want to give it up. Most of the other shields don't work with it.

I am making this bike a comfort set-up, with an upgraded stereo system, Mustang Touring seat, and other creature comforts. The GT14 is amazing compared to stock, and everything else I tried. Makes the wind a non issue at any speed, which makes the sound system that much better. It does look "big" on the front of the bike, but it is worth the trade of comfort over style.

It took a while from the time I ordered it, till it was at the door, but they let you know that upfront, plus they e-mail you, each of the steps that the shield goes through.

The first ride after it was on, made me a believer. Good product.