Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander 5 is here

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 09:25 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

I have been working with Power Commanders since they were introduced in the late 90's and have sold in the tens of thousands of them. Have programmed, installed, and tuned more of them than anyone on the planet, we also do warranty service for Dynojet. Problems and issues are few, the actual failure rate is well below 1%. It is a tuning device with a wide range of control of various tuning and engine functions, nearly all issues we see day to day are related to the tune itself, installation, or a connection, also consider if there is an underlying issue with the bike the PC will not fix it and the product may not work properly. Very solid product for sure and both Fuel Moto & Dynojet stand strongly behind it.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 02-10-2016, 09:34 AM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,837 Likes on 824 Posts

I've had experience with Power Commanders...........ALL BAD..........you could send me one for free and I wouldn't put it on my bike. I've got an "indy" friend with over 30 years experience, who makes a living tuning race bikes. The FIRST thing he'll tell you is..."I've never seen a Power Commander that didn't eventually give you problems. Get that THING OFF your bike!". He was right, my bikes ran terrible with the PC's on them, and ran very well as soon as he got rid of them. Thanks, but no thanks.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:48 AM
chrisg81983
Road Captain
Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
I have been working with Power Commanders since they were introduced in the late 90's and have sold in the tens of thousands of them. Have programmed, installed, and tuned more of them than anyone on the planet, we also do warranty service for Dynojet. Problems and issues are few, the actual failure rate is well below 1%. It is a tuning device with a wide range of control of various tuning and engine functions, nearly all issues we see day to day are related to the tune itself, installation, or a connection, also consider if there is an underlying issue with the bike the PC will not fix it and the product may not work properly. Very solid product for sure and both Fuel Moto & Dynojet stand strongly behind it.

You definitely see a lot more of these come and go than I ever will. I am not trying to insult anyone nor bad mouth a product in any way shape or form.

I know of athe least 7 people that had problems with them all of witch were tuned by very reputable tuners. Only one of these that failed was a pc5 the rest were older versions. I ride with under 20 people so the percentage of failures is pretty significant in my eyes. I can't see all of them being user error either.

Like I said earlier this is just my point of view and will most definitely vary from others.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:20 AM
xcbullet
Road Warrior
Received 261 Likes on 223 Posts

11,000 miles on mine last year, all is well PC3 on 99. I but grease on all my connection's, actually vaseline.

Old 02-10-2016, 01:20 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Simply consider the amount of units that are in the field and take a good look at the various forums & social media sites across the internet, then consider there are in the <b>hundreds of thousands</b> of bikes out there with Power Commanders since 1998.

Fuel Moto specializes in tuning components, we have been on HDForums from the beginning as well as several other sites. We are a customer service driven company and offer industry leading support. It is simply unlrealistic to think that if there were issues we would be able maintain our level of service and integrity and also keep the many thousands of customers happy that have purchased Power Commanders, it is simply not the case. Quite opposite actually.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:13 PM
FlaHeatWave
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

'Ran the PC-V / Auto on the '09 SERG 117 for >20k mi. Bike ran Great!

Not one issue...

Old 02-10-2016, 04:51 PM
woodturner
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have a PCV that I bought from fuel moto not one problem, I thought I needed to put cams in it until it was tuned and i found out the 103 has plenty of power for me and the back seat fluffer. I have a few friends that have PCV also and have never had a problem from them.

You will always have some that have had a bad experience but you will find more that "Know or Heard" someone who has had a problem.

Old 02-10-2016, 05:01 PM
Stopit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,021 Likes on 533 Posts

Some people must have real bad luck.
I bought a USED PC III , I was downloading firmware and had an issue before I ever installed it .

I called Dyno-jet , they had me try a couple things then told me for 170.00 they would fix it for me just send it to them , got it back 2 weeks later fixed no charge , pretty awesome of them I thought. Installed it , loaded a map and never had a problem to the time I traded the bike.

Old 02-10-2016, 05:05 PM
airfuel
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PC's are fine and many problems are owner inflicted.

Simple and easy way to get the fueling correct.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:06 PM
685power
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2006 SG 88ci , true duals, cams and breather since 2010. Have a fuel Moto pcIII with one of Jamie's maps that is been on for 6yrs, and never had an issue or drivability problem.

Quick Reply: Power Commander 5 is here