Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to adjust crooked gauges???

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 05:00 PM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by cprhed
You will have to remove. Loosening it only really gets the windshield out. But it isn't bad. Cover the fender with something in case you drop a tool or bolt.
To clarify..... Not the faring. The gauge itself. Will the plastic gauge housing spin a little in the chrome bezel? I just spent $85 plus another$33 in shipping. I don't feel like spending another few hundred on new gauges.....
But that would be just my luck!

Old 02-12-2016, 05:58 PM
CVO SG
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 205 Posts

Who did the work, guagemod? I'm wanting to do mine but it looks like I gotta take 1/2 my fairing apart to get to the lower screws on account of the radio bracket. So haven't gotten too excited yet

Old 02-12-2016, 06:18 PM
Hate Work
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by us1fountain
Who did the work, guagemod? I'm wanting to do mine but it looks like I gotta take 1/2 my fairing apart to get to the lower screws on account of the radio bracket. So haven't gotten too excited yet
Yes, Marty with GaugeLEDmods. Turnaround was quick. Sent package with return shipping label on the first of Feb. Received today. I haven't put the bike back together as the trailer where the bike is was cold. Maybe after the cold snap next week *anything above 32 degrees), I will put it all back and submit a pic or two. I never understood why MoCo would put a red face plate stereo with yellow gauges. Doesn't matter any more.

Old 02-12-2016, 06:21 PM
Hate Work
Road Warrior

Don't know your setup, but only two screws each held the tach and speedo. The LED bulbs for the gauges were a piece of cake and they just twist out. Swapped them out in less than 10 minutes. Took longer to drink the beer as I admired the work.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:03 PM
CVO SG
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 205 Posts

The '15's aren't bulbs, but surface mount LEDS if not mistaken. I can change them out myself, but I don't want to risk breaking the glass trying to take the gauges apart and also to not dimple the trim ring. Figure it best to let someone else do it that has experience

Old 02-12-2016, 07:54 PM
EG-2006
Tourer
Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

You can remove the outer fairing, loosen the bracket that holds the gauge and get a little movement-maybe enough to line them up if its only a few degrees. If you're referring to taking the gauge apart to rotate it then I would recommend that you contact the guy that did the led work and ask him.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:04 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

I think you are referring to Joe over at HarleyGaugeMods.com - which is different from who the OP used - GaugeLEDmods
Joe at harleygaugemods.com just did a set for me, first class and the needles are zero'd out

To the OP, I would send them back to the guy who did yours and have him fix it, I'm pretty sure for best results the should be plugged into a bike and then set to zero ....

Old 02-13-2016, 03:52 PM
Hate Work
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by JMC22
I think you are referring to Joe over at HarleyGaugeMods.com - which is different from who the OP used - GaugeLEDmods
Joe at harleygaugemods.com just did a set for me, first class and the needles are zero'd out

To the OP, I would send them back to the guy who did yours and have him fix it, I'm pretty sure for best results the should be plugged into a bike and then set to zero ....
The needles were fine. The gauges, for whatever reason did not go back in straight.... Notice both are slightly rotated towards the center....

I am going to file the notches in the faring. I only need to file less than 1/8" I think.

Last edited by Hate Work; 02-13-2016 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-13-2016, 05:24 PM
Hate Work
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Hate Work
The needles were fine. The gauges, for whatever reason did not go back in straight.... Notice both are slightly rotated towards the center....

I am going to file the notches in the faring. I only need to file less than 1/8" I think.
Turned out fine. Nice to have something work out for a change.