Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Streetglide Fuel Guage

Old 05-13-2007, 03:42 AM
skyryder
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Streetglide Fuel Guage

Went to see Mom in Naples TX, altogether about 400 miles today. I have a 07 SG .. almost 5k miles now, fuel guage started going screwy on me and low fuel light comes on at every stop. Goes off after a bit but guage is fluctuating. Gonna have to take in for first warranty work I guess. Maybe I will get them to check out that rear brake squeal too. Anybody else had a fuel guage go screwy on em?

Old 05-14-2007, 01:57 AM
skyryder
Advanced
Default RE: Streetglide Fuel Guage

No reply? must be because I am only a hang around. Got bumped to the third page, just trying to see if anybody else had this problem and damn I ain't starting a "rocks in a can" thread

Old 05-14-2007, 02:38 AM
BedPimp
6th Gear

My dad has the first model year V-Rod and has had issues with the low fuel light for ages. It comes on 20-30 miles into the tank. He's taken it in a few times, but they haven't figured out what's wrong yet.

Old 05-14-2007, 03:01 AM
fatboylust
Road Captain

My 06 SG has never acted as bad as you describe but on a full tank I can travel nearly a80 miles before it reads 3/4 and then the next 100 miles it will drop to about a 1/4 and the low fuel light can come on anytime I near the 1/4 mark. I think a fix is in order for your issues, mine seems to be about normal from what I read here on other threads.

FBL

Old 05-14-2007, 04:16 AM
Rhinohd
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fuel gauges on Harleys have always had issues. Have your dearer fix it while it's acting up because if you don't it'll stop acting funny until your warranty is up (murphys law). Mine does like fatboylust's does. I just use my trip odmeter and fill up at 170 miles...

Old 05-14-2007, 10:24 AM
gibbyflhx
Cruiser

My buddies 07 SG does the same thing. According to the dealer the float gets stuck and just needs to be freed up

Old 05-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Timex
Tourer

Asked a good friend about this. His reply :" I the needle is above empty, you still have gas" Moral to the story .... Use your tripmeter to decide when to stop for gas. Pushing a "dead bagger" sucks!

Old 05-15-2007, 02:04 AM
skyryder
Advanced

Thanks for the replies, It is definitely not your normal innacurate guage. I will have it in for a check soon, I will post what they find.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:01 PM
skyryder
Advanced

Update:
Tech had to go in the tank and change sending unit. Works well now. Light comes on I have about a gallon left.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:30 PM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Didn't see your post until now. My fuel gauge had similar issues. Read empty with the low fuel light on all the time. Dealer had to go in the tank and makethe necessary adjustments/replacements. Service department indicated it happens alot.Works fine now. I only had it fixed because the "always on" low fuel light was annoying. I rely onmy trip meter.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Streetglide Fuel Guage