Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Suggestion or Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 04:52 PM
bigpappa160
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Any Suggestion or Help

This is the 1st Tour bike 07 Ultra Classic I've had. the other 2 bikes were a 2000 883 sportster and a 06 Softail deluxe with stage 1 a/c and porky pipes. But I bought myself a 07 Ultra Classic and the dealer is putting Rush slipons on and a fuelpak. Not doing the a/c yet need to save my pennies. But, I picked up the bike a couple of Sat ago with the stock mufflers, because they had to order the fuelpak from V&H, I guess they didn't want to order fuelpak early in case I back out. But the fuelpak came in, they put mufflers on fuelpak on and off I go got about 10 miles from the shop at a traffic light turned on the hwy back to the house and got to 5th and it started dying, luckily I got to a crossover median to get the a parking lot. Well everytime I hit 2000 rpm motor would start surging. Well got it back to shop, the tech said it was a bad fuel pak. Now the service manager said the tech programmed fuel pak for the mufflers and if I put a K&N filter in. Has anyone on here ever experienced a fuelpak going bad after being installed the first time. The shop has ordered another one, but it won't be here till friday. Oh I talked to the tech that put mufflers and fuelpak on, he was trying to get me to get the stage 1 done because I already had the mufflers and not to deal with the fuelpak. He said it would cost like $950. I was like I'll take my chance with the fuel pak right now until I can save that kind of money.

Last edited by bigpappa160; 03-09-2016 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Missed some words
Old 03-09-2016, 05:34 PM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

As a general rule, a tuner is only needed when airflow through the engine is increased. Better flowing mufflers don't increase airflow by themselves, they need a better flowing air cleaner too. Try bypassing the tuner (plug the connector directly into the ECM) and see if that solves your problem. Sounds to me like your dealer is trying to make a buck off you.

Old 03-09-2016, 05:57 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 632 Likes on 504 Posts

dealers are quick to blame after market parts. it will be interesting to see if u get another bad fuel pack or not?

Old 03-15-2016, 05:53 PM
bigpappa160
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Update on bike!!! Went back up to the dealer, a 2hr ride. They got the bike back to service put new fuel pak on with the rush slipons. So the story goes, I was standing out front talking to one of theguys that works there and I saw the service truck with trailer in tow heading out, I told the guy I hope they arent going to get my bike, the guy said pnah, theyre probably going to deliver a bike, we do that all the time. So I stated walking around looking at the other bikes. Went back to service and service manager came out of offic eI ask about the 07 Ultra, he said the service truck had to go get the tech that was test driving the bike. I said let me guess fuelpak. I told the service manager to ask the tech when he got back did he calibrate the throttle to the fuelpak, which is one of the steps for a 07 HD. Because I called the vanc & Hines tech a couple of days before I got to shop and expalined what happened to bike the 1st time and they said it sounds like they didn't calibrate the throttle to the fuelpak. So they got the bike back in the back. So I was sitting at a table in the waiting and the dealer that I did my trade deal ask why was I still there. I told him the story and as he was walking off he ask if I wanted to trade that bike, I said if they don't fix this I will if you give me the same deal. Well as I was turning the corner the service manager said bike was ready after another 1 1/2 hrs in the back, I ask him what did they find wrong with bike and he said they had to calibrate the throttle sensor to the fuelpak. Got on bike and headed out and runs and sounds great now. I just ordered a Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stage 1 Air Cleaner kit for it this morning, Hopefully its here by this weekend, oh got some vintage grips for it to. Only thing left to order is a new windshield, which I may go woth the LRS, seeing it has a lot of positive reviews. Some compare the LRS to the Klock Werks and it's at a fraction of what the Klocks windshield cost.