Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pack Help

Old 03-19-2016, 10:11 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Tour Pack Help

I'm looking at adding a tour pack to my '16 SGS for the few day trips and for added comfort to the CFO. We looked today and I am wanting to go with the chopped pack and she wants the king pack since it has the wrapped back pad and is probably more comfortable. Looking for suggestions and pics on these and wondering what the consensus says.

Thanks!

Old 03-19-2016, 10:46 PM
streg2
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm doing the same thing with my 15 SGS. Going with the king, got my Corbin back rest to match my seat today. Ordering the king here shortly.
Lets see what responces you get.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:49 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 632 Likes on 504 Posts

rule #1 keep mamma happy,if its only going to be on for road trips who cares what it looks like. and yes she will be much more comphy with the king pack.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:56 PM
BB59
Tourer
Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

If this is about momma's comfort you are talking about then you should definitely go with the King and the wrap around back rest. You can take it off when you are solo and if you ever decide to do longer trips the extra storage is invaluable.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:01 PM
captainron62
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I ran a King Bottom and a Chopped top. Still had the deep capacity but had a more sporty look with the chopped top.

Looked really good as well.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:05 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Well, you guys certainly are a bunch of help tonight. LOL.....I just knew y'all would side with me, but hell no!!!!! Ultimately it is for her comfort and the extra storage will be nice on long runs. I'm wanting to do color match for my charcoal denim. I've been looking strictly at HD currently. Any suggestions on different manufacturers to look at? Right now they priced me at $1254, color matched and all needed hardware, pads, etc.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:06 PM
ericl
Road Warrior
Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Do the king, and put on a hammock seat. The king pak provides comfort for her the hammock seat provides comfort for both, the Pak covers the ugly thing up.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:41 PM
CVO SG
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 205 Posts

Just bought the HD chopped TP and the chopped pad on my 15 SGS for use only on trips. Wife really likes it compared to the regular passenger backrest, so the king would really be the cats meow. The TP is mounted as for forward as possible and she says she feels like she is always sliding off the back of the seat since the pad is further back than the regular backrest. Just using the SG seat so far. May need to look into a seat for a Ultra for when using the TP.

Old 03-20-2016, 02:20 AM
big papa AZ
Stellar HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 215 Posts

Just get a Ultra seat for when traveling 2 up. I bought a SG seat for riding one up.

Old 03-20-2016, 02:33 AM
Deer Stalker
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I would agree that the King makes more sense but when did that ever come into it??

I ride solo as wife has her own HD and while I wanted a tourpak I decided for the second bike running to go with the chopped look with rack - the lid is identical whichever model you get.

Mine has Mustang solo with rear passenger seat and matching tour pak pad

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tour Pack Help