Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spring cleaning!!! Best spray on cleaner?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 06:44 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,343 Likes on 3,278 Posts

Originally Posted by Stiggy
See Post 23. They'll send you 3 bottles (big bottles too,) of detailer, UV Protectorant and general cleaner for free to try for yourself. It's a good product line.
Thanks, I missed that.

Old 05-21-2016, 08:06 AM
ultra_classic
Club Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RatPwrd72
The S100 engine brightener works great for me, just don't let it sit on the chrome too long..
Ditto....

Old 05-21-2016, 12:11 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,134 Likes on 763 Posts

303 aerospace is really good stuff. It has UV inhibitors in it. Great for interior of cars and a great price.
I have not tried their other stuff but I'm sure its good.

Old 05-21-2016, 12:54 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,547 Likes on 3,057 Posts

Originally Posted by eaglefan1
303 aerospace is really good stuff. It has UV inhibitors in it. Great for interior of cars and a great price.
I have not tried their other stuff but I'm sure its good.
With a 16 year old bike and a 30 year old Porsche under a NC sun I use that aerospace stuff regularly and liberally. I can spray and wipe the tops of the leather saddlebags, the seats and the sissy bar in about a minute. On the car, the spoiler and bumper pads, maybe 3 minutes. Easy spray on and an easy wipe.

Old 05-22-2016, 07:33 PM
Hitch2016
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For bug guts, I've found that a dryer sheet (e.g. "bounce") works great. Just wet the dryer sheet and the bug guts rub off pretty easily. Even the stubborn sun baked guts. It leaves a film that has to be washed off afterward, but it's a real time saver.
Note, I've seen no ill affect to painted finish, nor chrome. But, of course, it wouldn't hurt to put on a coat of wax afterward.
Nevertheless, try it in an inconspicuous place (or your car) first to verify before trusting my word.

Old 05-27-2016, 10:13 AM
STA-BIL®
Former Sponsor
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey everyone,

Thanks to those who mentioned using 303® Speed Detailer! The 303® Speed Detailer is great for removing dirt, dust, smudges, and bug stains. Along with adding UV protection and produces a high-gloss finish on surfaces such as fiberglass, paint, plastics, metals, glass and more!

If anyone is interested in some samples, please send a PM with your mailing address (sorry, no PO boxes please), we would be glad to send you some!

Have a great day!

Old 05-27-2016, 01:11 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Ndoggct
What is everyone using on they're bikes to get those hard to reach spots?? Also what is best engine black spray?? Thx!
That's as subjective as where do I get the best pizza but, I'll tell you what I've been doing for years. Every 300-400 miles, I fill a bucket full of water, pour several ounces of Dawn dishwasher soap. I soap the bike down one section at a time and wipe it down with a clean microfiber towel. I then wipe the entire bike down with a detailing liquid polish and It's show room clean. I also soap the undercarriage (everywhere I can get my hands into) with the last part of the soap solution.

Old 05-27-2016, 11:10 PM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 836 Posts

Originally Posted by hullhorr
I use "Simple Green" concentrate. I mix up two spray bottles. One really strong for the wheels and underneath, and a lighter duty I use on the painted parts when I want to do a quick spray, rinse, and go. The stuff is really cheap and works great. Can be had at Home Depot or just about anywhere also.
what ratios you use? Have been thinking on doing this...but dont want it too strong?

Old 05-28-2016, 08:58 AM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,134 Likes on 763 Posts

Simple Green? That is not made for automotive finishes (motorcycle finishes). There are so many SAFE all-purpose cleaners on the market with dilution ratios way more economical then simple green. Simple green is used to clean a spill off the floor, never on my bike or truck.
It is your bike so you can do whatever you want. There are a lot better choices out there.
As for the areas of the bike where its impossible to get your wash media, a stiff paint brush is available anywhere. I have a set of Boars Hair brushes that I use regularly on cars for tight spots. They work very well for the hard to get to areas. They are not cheap but they do work very well.

Old 05-28-2016, 03:02 PM
cartermotorsports
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had good luck with the Lucas Slick Mist.

Quick Reply: Spring cleaning!!! Best spray on cleaner?