Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlemen vs. Stock

Old 04-29-2016, 08:22 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by freebrd
Looking forward to a review on your new seat. Especially long seat time and passenger if you can. I'm in the market to upgrade the stock seat on '16 Limited, which isn't near the stock seat I had on my last '13 Ultra Classic. I have the HD driver backrest as well, which interests me. The seat looks good on your ride!
I'll be putting it to the test this wknd. If that goes well, we'll be headed to the Smokies on it on May 12th. Would've preferred to have a couple thousand miles on it before a long trip but it is what it is.

Old 04-29-2016, 08:27 AM
freebrd
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You'll be in my home area. Enjoy! We're planning on a week or so in Pa, and Ny. Watkins Glenn, Niagra, etc, so I'll probably be in the same situation with a seat.

safe travels!

Old 04-29-2016, 08:32 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

Will definitely report back. Yeah I see your in NC. We're going to Maggie Valley for a few days to do some riding and check out the rally.

Old 04-29-2016, 08:45 AM
HotVrod
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
Will definitely report back. Yeah I see your in NC. We're going to Maggie Valley for a few days to do some riding and check out the rally.
Ok, well feed back will be great but I pulled the trigger on the LS heated and matching rear cover for the tourpak...I am hopeful on a good choice after many reviews...Thanks for your input...!

Old 04-29-2016, 08:57 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by HotVrod
Ok, well feed back will be great but I pulled the trigger on the LS heated and matching rear cover for the tourpak...I am hopeful on a good choice after many reviews...Thanks for your input...!
Good deal. I think I'm gonna have to pop for the Tourpak cover as well. If it performs as well as it looks this is gonna be a good buy.

Old 04-30-2016, 06:03 PM
freebrd
Advanced

Let us know how you like it HotVrod. I ordered the seat only for now to try. Not sure about the perforations and moisture getting to the foam in'nerds.
I understand it comes with a rain cover, which throws flags to me that rain may can get to the inside and soak ya hiney until it dries out.

Old 05-04-2016, 12:40 PM
HotVrod
Tourer

Let us know how you like it HotVrod. I ordered the seat only for now to try. Not sure about the perforations and moisture getting to the foam in'nerds.
I understand it comes with a rain cover, which throws flags to me that rain may can get to the inside and soak ya hiney until it dries out.

Well it came the other day...I bought the HD Accessory harness to hook it up to the stock plug since I had some lights rigged to it any way, made a splitter for them. Hasn't stop raining but for today so no riding yet. Good looking seat and quality stitching.

I hear ya about the foam in'nerds and I would suspect the same thing...but I guess that is the price ya pay for the diamond stitch look. Been reading up on statements that the gel will be hot in the summer...I hope not, most of the time I am pretty diligent with the white towel when we stop anyhow.

It does feel like I am forward a little more and slightly higher, but remember I am coming of a Corbin low profile saddle..virtually no padding..

Wifey sat on it and liked it so we will see this weekend.

Old 05-04-2016, 12:49 PM
freebrd
Advanced

Thanks for that review. Mine should be here when I get home from work today, and may take a short ride this evening. I saw that thread on the gel, as well but I'm hoping it's a seat that the wife and I like, and keep.

Best of luck to you guys as well.

Old 05-04-2016, 12:51 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by HotVrod
Well it came the other day...I bought the HD Accessory harness to hook it up to the stock plug since I had some lights rigged to it any way, made a splitter for them. Hasn't stop raining but for today so no riding yet. Good looking seat and quality stitching. I hear ya about the foam in'nerds and I would suspect the same thing...but I guess that is the price ya pay for the diamond stitch look. Been reading up on statements that the gel will be hot in the summer...I hope not, most of the time I am pretty diligent with the white towel when we stop anyhow. It does feel like I am forward a little more and slightly higher, but remember I am coming of a Corbin low profile saddle..virtually no padding.. Wifey sat on it and liked it so we will see this weekend.
I've got a couple hundred on mine so far. Still pretty stiff but it feels better every time I get on it.

The following users liked this post:
HotVrod (05-04-2016)
Old 05-04-2016, 01:50 PM
HotVrod
Tourer

Thanks for that review. Mine should be here when I get home from work today, and may take a short ride this evening. I saw that thread on the gel, as well but I'm hoping it's a seat that the wife and I like, and keep.

Best of luck to you guys as well.
How did you order it as a "trial"?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Saddlemen vs. Stock