Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I won't buy (again) or recommend CFR to anyone

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 07:14 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,376 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewiz_45
As of today my double fluted chrome CFR mufflers have been on order for 9 weeks. They told me that it would be 8-10 weeks guaranteed.
The lack of a response is annoying to be sure, but what am I missing?

According to your post, they have another week to make good on their promise.

You chose to buy their product and they haven't let you down ..... yet....

Old 05-04-2016, 09:11 PM
BLVN
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Called FM on Thursday and talked with them. Had My dyno tuned 4" slash cuts at My door on Monday. absolutely love the bark they put out when Ya get on it. nice and mellow when Ya are cruising. less then $350 to My door. very similar to Rineharts. did I mention the Bark!!!!

Old 05-05-2016, 07:38 AM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

I absolutely love my CFR's. Yes, there was a long wait but definitely worth it. I called CFR and spoke to Gaye, who put me on the long waiting list. Gaye also provided me with a list of 10 distributors in the North & South Carolina . Less than a month later, a local place, Busted Knuckle called and said he had 2 sets of chrome, double fluted mufflers there. 2 hours later, I was in his shop picking up a set.

The sound is incredible. I recently ran another Autotune session, 3 sessions ranging from 20 - 40 minutes. Its a great tune, no popping on decal. Its not impossible to tune them.

If you own and don't like CFR's, I'm sure you can easily sell them.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:25 AM
CoachJR
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I have to wonder, in today's world, why in the hell would it take 8-10 weeks on anything that is not a complete custom or hand made job? Mufflers? No special engraving? I am not familiar with CFR, but why in the world 8-10 weeks? I tried to google them to see more about them...couldn't find a website. Who has no website anymore? From what I can see they do look good, and claim great sound, so I get the attraction on that level, but I see LOTS of negative stuff on the company too.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:02 AM
SDBIGGBOI
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I love how mine sound but that's about it.. 6 months after installing them the chrome started to flake on the left side tip..

Old 05-05-2016, 10:13 AM
SavageChopper
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Love the sound of mine and my local shop had no problems tuning. The chrome on the tips is not the best however. This winter I may pull the tips off and have a local chromer touch them up.

Old 05-05-2016, 10:47 AM
oakmossy
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

their junkyness gives them the great sound it seems.

Old 05-05-2016, 12:56 PM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by oakmossy
their junkyness gives them the great sound it seems.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:14 PM
Dewiz_45
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well yesterday was 10 weeks since I purchased these mufflers and still no word from CFR to either my dealer or myself.

I tried googling CFR for more contact info but their site isn't showing up. I've tried CFR, Cary Faas Racing, CFR exhaust, etc with no luck. Did they go out of business?

Old 05-13-2016, 06:33 AM
SG-Jay
Road Captain
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

I have to say I have had excellent customer service from CFR. My drilled amd fluted mufflers are two years old and the tips started to pit and flake. I contacted CFR and received a response within an hour from Jeffery Gould of CFR. He asked for pics of my tips showing the flaking amd pitting.
I sent in pics and literally I received a response telling me to send them in to have the tips replaced within minutes. He told me 2-3 weeks turn around. I received an email Wed saying they were being shipped back to me yesterday. It has been about 3 1/2 weeks. Sorry for you guys having issues with CFR, but my experience has been great.

Quick Reply: I won't buy (again) or recommend CFR to anyone