Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I won't buy (again) or recommend CFR to anyone

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 03:00 PM
Dewiz_45
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I won't buy another or recommend CFR to anyone

As of today my double fluted chrome CFR mufflers have been on order for 9 weeks. They told me that it would be 8-10 weeks guaranteed. Not to mention they told my dealer 9 weeks ago that they had a chrome muffler with a black tip if I wanted that. Sure I said cause I had no problem taking it to a local chrome vendor to chrome the tips. Anyways they sent a black muffler with chrome tips. Apparently they got the paper work all mixed up and didn't have any other mufflers on hand....haha wow.

I've sent them an email two weeks ago and have called them numerous times since then with no luck with either option on getting a response on my order status. Talked to my dealer yesterday and they too sent them an email with no response.

Cary Faas Racing has HORRIBLE customer service. Is this how they do business? Next mufflers I get, I'll order from a more reliable and stable vendor. The lady guaranteed me on the phone that I would have my mufflers on hand in a 8-10 week period. The least they could do is reply back to let me know what's going on.

The following users liked this post:
Mikind7 (08-01-2020)
Old 05-04-2016, 03:12 PM
IrishHogtrotter
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Sorry to hear of your problems.

Usually I find if someone says they will send something between 8-10 weeks, it means it will arrive on the last hour, of the last day on the 10th week.

No email response is damn annoying thou.

Old 05-04-2016, 03:15 PM
gipper
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 71 Posts

Sorry to hear about your experience. I am thinking that for about every single write up about CFR that was positive, there's been a negative counter. If it hasn't been poor chrome, it's been poor customer service...and on it seems to have gone.

I admit, I looked into them prior to buying my V&H's, and decided that 50/50 was too risky for me. In hind sight, listening to my intuition paid off. I'm really happy with both my V&H's header and my Rinehart slipons, and the quality is great as well as customer service with both companies.

Good luck sorting it out.

Old 05-04-2016, 03:26 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

The only thing cfr has going for it is a sound plus poor performance, poor quality, poor customer service and long wait times...

The following 2 users liked this post by 0ldhippie:
Doc 1 (05-13-2016), oldhippie (08-02-2020)
Old 05-04-2016, 04:12 PM
harkon
Road Captain
Received 144 Likes on 105 Posts

My guess is that they are a small company (relative to the market they serve) experiencing growing pains. Seems these mufflers have become really popular lately. Generally speaking one tends to see more negative than positive reviews simply because unhappy people are more vocal than happy ones.

For me, the price if these puts them out of my budget, alleged tuning issues aside.

They do sound pretty great though. Heard some on a cammed up big bore this past weekend and it definitely turns heads. Just sayin'

EJ122763 (05-05-2016)
Old 05-04-2016, 05:25 PM
jt metal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Black muffler with chrome tip.......wants wrong with that?

Old 05-04-2016, 05:27 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 14,583 Likes on 4,612 Posts

Originally Posted by 0ldhippie
The only thing cfr has going for it is a sound plus poor performance, poor quality, poor customer service and long wait times...
I think they look good, as well. But you are right on the poor performance. I bought a set for my bike, never could tune out the flat spot, and the bike ran worse than with a set of the Crusher mufflers that came off. I had them about a month, and I sold them. As I was taking them off, I saw rust starting to form at the real mount. Glad I got out with only a 250,00 loss.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:21 PM
BackroadsofMT
Stage IV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you haven't purchased already, I would strongly encourage you to contact the folks over at Fuel Moto. Jamie and the Gang will get you the sound you want and maintain performance. I personally have the 4.5" Pro Touring slip-ons with the 2-1-2 stainless headpipe from Fuel Moto. Give them a call, they will answer the phone every time and get you the answers you need.

oldhippie (08-02-2020)
Old 05-04-2016, 06:32 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

Unfortunately, some folks will continue to buy CFRs regardless of all the poor Dyno numbers, hard to tune, bad customer service, long wait, and endless reports of "why not to buy CFR" response.

Some folks just don't get it. Respectfully, I will admit, one of the best sounding mufflers out there.

YB

Old 05-04-2016, 06:51 PM
hemi1300
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Thought about cfr's for a bit on my 14 sgs, but will stick with fuel moto! Bike runs and sounds great with power vision, 2/1/2 head pipe, and jackpot's with comp baffles.

oldhippie (08-02-2020)

Quick Reply: I won't buy (again) or recommend CFR to anyone