Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LRS Windshields

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 06:53 AM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

What's a flat top do wind wise, as compared to a recurve ? ,If I can ask

Old 05-27-2016, 09:59 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,406 Likes on 4,014 Posts

Originally Posted by tpcowfish
To quote their website;

"The Flat-Top was built not only to provide you with absolute comfort from the wind, but also to give your passenger a smooth ride. Our Custom Engineered Recurve Design is spread across the entire width of the shield to provide the largest area of comfortable space for both rider and passenger."

I have one and the wife says she has no buffeting. She's never been on the bike with just a normal, rounded recurve... so it's not a true test...

Old 05-27-2016, 10:29 AM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

I installed a 9" recurve LRS on my SGS. I'm 6' and it works for me and looks good.
Now, immediately I noticed a fairly large gap on the bottom that would obviously let in water. I was told that has happened before and to try windshield trim. I did. No difference in gap.
Purchases a couple used genuine Windsplitters off somebody on eBay. Gap gone, back to factory sealing I would think.
Do the 4.5" & 7" Windsplitters work, not a chance in heck but they look grand lol.

Old 05-27-2016, 11:16 AM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by hattitude
To quote their website;

"The Flat-Top was built not only to provide you with absolute comfort from the wind, but also to give your passenger a smooth ride. Our Custom Engineered Recurve Design is spread across the entire width of the shield to provide the largest area of comfortable space for both rider and passenger."

I have one and the wife says she has no buffeting. She's never been on the bike with just a normal, rounded recurve... so it's not a true test...
Tnx for the reply,appreciate it, maybe flat top in my future

Old 05-27-2016, 11:32 AM
sailmotion
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7,838 Likes on 3,236 Posts

Stock windshield = 10"
I have a 9" recurve = awesome!

Coincidentally, last night I received the best confirmation that the new recurve is VERY effective at taming buffeting. It was finally warm enough to wear my visored, half helmet and safety glasses. With the stock windshield, the windflow used to catch the visor and lift my helmet. My glasses would also get rattled. Not last night, on the highway, at speeds of 65-75!

Old 05-27-2016, 03:21 PM
GregGillette
Road Master
Received 247 Likes on 174 Posts

Im 6'2 and using the 10" Ultra Elite recurve. It started life as a 12" and I have trimmed the base down to where air passes just overy head at 10". Originally it didnt solve all my buffeting, fork fangs, center fork tray (all hd parts) cleaned it all up.

Old 05-27-2016, 03:36 PM
DamifIknow
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

10" ultra on my 2010 ultra. Second shield from LRS I've owned and love it. Great ppl Great product.

Old 05-28-2016, 08:21 AM
hover
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tpcowfish
I had a 9" Flat top. Just as the rpm came before up shifting, the bike had a buzzing vibration. I finally realized it was the windshield causing it. I put my old LRS 9" back on, vibration is gone. Not so sure the Flat top was much better protection wise.

Old 05-28-2016, 11:43 AM
TheMurf
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,668 Likes on 1,669 Posts

Thanks Guys, I order the 9 inch flat top elite,can't beat the price on this sale. The stock shield is right in my line of sight so I measured and went with the 9 inch. I got the dark tint. I never ride at night anyway and it should look good with my big blue pearl and black Ultra.

Old 05-28-2016, 01:54 PM
FXDFan
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Went for a 12" Mako for my RG. Have a KW on it now, and while it's "decent" I'm hoping for more coverage off the LRS.
Guess I'll know in a few weeks when it gets here!

G.

Quick Reply: LRS Windshields