Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang seat on '14 Street Glide - need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 03:49 PM
druski
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Mustang seat on '14 Street Glide - need opinions

I'm looking at purchasing a seat and am looking at four different Mustang models (have had a mustang seat in the past and liked it) that are in my budget.

I'm struggling to decide which is the best option for me. The majority of my riding is commuting to and from work and running errands, but I also will do 8-10 hour days riding in the Georgia mountains on weekends when I can get away, in addition to that I try to do 2 "long" (multi-day) trips a year. I'm hoping some people on here either have or have had one of the seats below and can fill me in on how they feel for short and long trips. Was originally planning on either riding up to MCC or sending my seat in, but their first available appointment isn't until mid-July. So I'm leaning heavily towards purchasing an aftermarket seat as I don't want to ride through my two trips in June with the stock seat.

1.) Mustang Vintage Solo with backrest (http://www.mustangseats.com/Product/...HTFLTRFLHXFLHR)
2.) Mustang Wide Tripper solo with backrest (http://www.mustangseats.com/Product/...FLHR-2008-2016)
3.) Mustang Tripper Fastback Tuck and Roll (http://www.mustangseats.com/Product/...HTFLTRFLHXFLHR)
4.) Dave Perewitz (Mustang) Signature Fastback (http://www.mustangseats.com/Product/...for-FL-2008-16)

I like the look of the fastbacks, but they are a few inches more narrow than the stock Street Glide seat and appear to be much thinner. I'm worried that they'll be ok for commuting but brutal on longer trips. My concern with the first two seats are that they will be huge and best for long days in the saddle, but unnecessary for commuting.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

- Drew

Old 05-27-2016, 05:10 PM
aspie_keith
Advanced
Received 23 Likes on 7 Posts

I purchased a new 2015 Street Glide in April of 2015. I had a bunch of modifications done before I picked it up. One of them was your first choice a Mustang seat #79600 with backrest. I rode short trips, around town and took a 2300 mile trip all last year. I absolutely swear by that seat! I am 6'1 and 180lbs. There's some modifications that are worth every penny and IMHO this is one of them.

The following users liked this post:
druski (05-27-2016)
Old 05-27-2016, 05:16 PM
druski
Tourer

That is definitely my first choice, sounds like a great all-around seat. Any chance you have some pics?

Thanks for the info!

Old 05-27-2016, 05:50 PM
druski
Tourer

I keep staring at the first two options on Mustangs website and can't decide which I like better. I think I like the look better of the Wide Tripper with the diamond stitch pattern, but I'm worried that seat won't be as comfortable on long trips due to it is not as thick as the Mustang solo.

Old 05-27-2016, 05:52 PM
Wander
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I ride with a group of seven guys and out of the seven 4 of them have those seats on their touring bikes (ranging from a 2011 Road King to a couple of street glides and a Road Glide) each guy is a different size and weight but they each swear by the seat they chose. Not sure I'm helping here but it just struck me funny that the 4 seats you are considering are the 4 that my buddies fat asses sit on. one complaint from the 2 guys with the perewitz seats and the diamond sticthed Wide Tripper is their asses stay wet along time after the seat gets wet

druski (05-27-2016)
Old 05-27-2016, 05:54 PM
druski
Tourer

LOL...sounds like any of them are great choices, which makes the decision even harder!

Are they all on street glides? Any of them mention if the seating position was drastically different from stock?

Old 05-27-2016, 06:00 PM
Red
Stellar HDF Member

Received 860 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by druski
LOL...sounds like any of them are great choices, which makes the decision even harder!

Are they all on street glides? Any of them mention if the seating position was drastically different from stock?
If you want a Mustang to sit back like the stock seat you'll want one with "Super" in the description.

If you have a garage queen buy a cute seat. If you're going to ride it buy what fits your behind!

druski (05-27-2016)
Old 05-27-2016, 06:02 PM
druski
Tourer

definitely not a garage queen, but I have zero idea which of those seats fits my a**.

Don't know of anywhere in the area to check one out. Leaning towards option # 1 (Vintage solo) as I think it will be more comfortable on long rides....just not 100% sure on that yet and hesitant to pull the trigger.

Old 05-27-2016, 06:04 PM
aspie_keith
Advanced
Received 23 Likes on 7 Posts
druski (05-27-2016)
Old 05-27-2016, 06:07 PM
m2thed
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the Wide Tripper Solo diamond pattern with backrest on a Street Glide and loved that seat. To me it was very comfortable for 350 mile rides and the backrest was awesome, very adjustable. And it looks sharp. I've never tried any of the others.

druski (05-27-2016)

Quick Reply: Mustang seat on '14 Street Glide - need opinions