Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani dnt first review

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 10:22 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by markwolula
[/COLOR]

I've been reading this thread from the other side of the world !!

Talk about being anxious for you !!!!! A mate of mine has the DNT's on his Stage 1 2015 Street Glide , and they sound awesome !!!!!

Looks like everyone is reading threads on Bassini DNT's, and buying up all the supply !!! As least you will know the meaning of Patience !!!! Cheers !!!!
Ha! Yup!

I have to hand it to Phat Performance. Even though they didn't have the pipes in stock they responded to all my emails quickly and tried to help at every turn. Just no way to force the Bassani factory to work faster...and now after canceling my order just Friday, they have refunded my money already!! Lot of places might haven taken their time processing a refund like that, so kudos to Phat for taking care of business. I would do business with them again in the future. The S&S AC I ordered from them came within days so i think the DNTs fell into an inventory twilight zone. In both cases their price was hard to beat too. Thanks Phat!

Old 06-27-2016, 07:24 AM
Bafflingbs
Club Member

Received 925 Likes on 557 Posts

I agree, great business.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:32 PM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 6,655 Likes on 3,222 Posts

Phat has always done right by me.

I'm sure Bassani didn't anticipate the success they would have with the DNT's and just didn't produce enough of them. Not the retailers' fault.

Old 06-27-2016, 02:21 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member

Have Fed Ex tracking number....it's happening.

Old 06-27-2016, 06:13 PM
Mac daddy 103
Road Master
Received 210 Likes on 126 Posts

I hate my DnT slip on's, I Just got back from a nice trip from lake George and all I did with my DnT is nothing but turn heads!!! Good job Basanni with the baddest slip ons ever made!!!!

Old 07-02-2016, 07:16 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member

Alright.........

Well…here’s the update. Pipes arrived Thursday!!!! Woohoo!!! Been working so no time to post, but long weekend is HERE!!!

Woke up bright and early this morning…opened the box….packed well. Looked great!!

My “legendary” patience was over so I decided to put the TTI 258s in them right off the bat instead of trying them with and without…Didn’t want to waste the time mounting and un-mounting…I based this decision on the fact that I’ve installed TTIs on about 5 bikes now and every time I felt it was an improvement. Looking at the open design of the DNT I decided it was going to be a no-brainer.

First problem as mentioned by Hemi…The TTI bolt is too big to fit the mounting hole in the DNT….I decided NO WAY was I prepared to take a drill to these beautiful new pipes. BUT from my experience with TTI’s they would be too near the end of the pipe without the end cap in place….so my plan was to install a longer bolt into the pipe to use as a support post, and then bind the TTI to this post with hose clamps…a bit of a quick fix, but I was ready for results!

To do this I had to cut off the TTI mounting bolt at the base of the Insert so they would fit properly into the pipe. I figured if my plan failed, I’d only be out the $20 TTIs rather than regretting a hole drilled into a $560 pipe….

First, here is what I was replacing….My American Custom Bomber exhaust with end caps.

Name:  IMG_6002.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  457.2 KB

While waiting for the DNT I experimented with different baffles for these pipes. This was my final and best combination. You’ll notice my home made TTI installed between the pipe and the tip.

Name:  IMG_6004.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  179.4 KB

Name:  IMG_6003.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  169.5 KB

This combo was way better than any other baffle I tried and better than the end cap alone, or the insert alone. Nice and deep and a good volume/tone for cruising. Good performance too. If I hadn’t already been waiting for the TTI, I might have called it good. About $345 for this setup...pretty good for the money.

Now onto my mod….

Removing the original baffle screw…

Name:  IMG_6244.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  178.2 KB

New longer bolt installed…1/4-20 x2 corse thread.

Name:  IMG_1551.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  167.8 KB

Mounting TTI with clamps…notice the cutoff bolt…

Name:  IMG_7408.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  176.1 KB

Name:  IMG_3081.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  232.6 KB

Name:  IMG_3012.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  231.2 KB

Nice and tight, them I rotated the TTI to face correctly..

Name:  IMG_3559.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  231.0 KB

The beauties installed…I love how they look! Quality throughout.

Name:  IMG_7519.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  405.8 KB

SO….

Unfortunately I can’t compare with and without the TTI, but I thought I’d share my non-destructive mounting method for any of you (Hemi) who are curious to try them…

Wiped down the pipes well and Fired up the bike….

WOW. Love the sound. Deeper than my previous pipes. Jumped on and took them on a test run. Very nice tone. Not too loud, with my stock header anyway, but a nice deep rumble. Hit the freeway and at 80 they are very pleasant to my ears. Warmer and fuller sounding than my other set up, but no drone to my ears. I think long distance will not be a problem. The deep frequency is a nice companion sound to the ride. A+ worth the wait!!!

Going to get my tune tweaked next Saturday, but it’s running strong with barely any loss to the low end. Maybe none. I’ll report back after they are dialed in, but really felt they ran strong. I do still have my cat in the head pipe so I’m probably way less susceptible to loss of torque. Looking forward to putting on the miles with these pipes. Thanks for the support guys. Happy 4th and happy riding.

Last edited by Thingfish; 07-02-2016 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:00 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

Good to hear you finally got them and are enjoying them.

Old 07-02-2016, 11:09 PM
Bafflingbs
Club Member

Received 925 Likes on 557 Posts
Old 07-03-2016, 02:53 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member

Ha! Yes, it was worth the wait.

Old 07-03-2016, 04:59 AM
hemi1300
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

U are a genius my friend. Wish I would have thought about that idea with the tti inserts. They are still sitting in the garage cabinet bc I didn'the want to drill a larger hole through the pipe/end cap. Definitely picking up some small hose clamps and bolts today to install the tti. Great idea, this way if I don't like them and want to remove, no damage done to pipe

Quick Reply: Bassani dnt first review