Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another LRS review

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 07:37 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts
Default Another LRS review

Ordered a 16" Road King Elite clear recurve for my 2016 RK. I'm 5'6 with a 30" inseam. I knew 16" was a big drop form the stock 20", but I didn't want to hedge my bets and the 16" seemed to be the right choice when using their measuring method.

It came in about 5 days. Shield was optically perfect with no defects.

My first concern was that it did not look like it was going to fit when I laid it over my existing shield mounted on the bike. It was also narrower than stock which I was not aware of. My top cross bar looked to come almost right to the edge of the screen. I called LRS to talk about my concerns. They were very nice on the phone and suggested I test mount it as it was hard to judge fit prior to doing that. The reason I hadn't test mounted it was I didn't want to dismantle my stock shield for something that looked so far off from the get go since I commute daily on my bike.

Well I waited a few days and finally gave it a try...well I guess I shouldn't judge a shield by its looks...

It fit perfectly and mounting was a breeze, even for a shield novice like me. It also looks good on the bike. For being so much shorter the proportions still look good. Sitting on the bike it seemed to come to the right spot on my face. Nice to see over the shield. now to test it out.

Went for a ride today and all I can say is wow. So much quieter than stock. The recurve seems to make a huge difference and I'm still able to ride with my visor up on my full face helmet comfortably up to 80mph even though I'm sitting well above the shield. I wear transition tri-focals currently so I did have slight visual buffet at the upper speeds, but I blame the sensitive and narrow vision bands of my glasses. Not sure I'd do tri-focals again personally for a bunch of reasons...

When I lowered my glasses and looked over them, my vision was completely stabile. A normal pair of riding glasses would probably be perfect. Below 70mph it wasn't an issue at all, and it was still perfectly rideable at 80+, but I did notice it so thought I'd mention it.

Closing my visor gave a bit more noise, but still much better than stock.

I might try an 18" the next time they have a sale just to see if it can get any better, but for now I'm very happy with the highly reduced wind noise and turbulence with the LRS....all in a much smaller shield that really gives great visibility and doesn't get between me and the road. A+ from me.

Last edited by Thingfish; 06-13-2016 at 04:54 AM.
The following users liked this post:
dajogejr (06-14-2016)
Old 06-12-2016, 08:33 PM
roadchaser
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default LRS Shields

Thanks for the great review..I'm ordering there this week for the first time..

Peace and Prayers

Old 06-12-2016, 08:39 PM
Mac10
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Great company, service and shields. I've had 3 and they're perfect. I put a 18 on my 2014 road King and it works great

Old 06-12-2016, 10:11 PM
rv7garage
Road Master
Received 198 Likes on 157 Posts

I'm a fan of LRS. I have 3 of their shields!

Old 06-13-2016, 04:26 PM
speeddaddy
Tourer
Received 495 Likes on 153 Posts

After trying many different shields went with LRS, very happy, got 3 different sizes as well!

Old 06-13-2016, 05:35 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Thinking of buying a 2nd set of hardware so I can swap the 16" and 18" easier. The 20" must be like ridding in a Caddy...

Old 06-13-2016, 05:50 PM
TheMurf
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,668 Likes on 1,669 Posts
Default LRS Shield

Just installed my LRS nine inch flat top elite on my 012' Ultra this past Thursday Took the bike for a spin Friday. I really like this shield.Less buffeting and a clear view of what is in front of me, no more stock shield in my line of sight. I'm 5'10" and the stock shield was always right in my line of sight. The dark tint really looks great on my blue pearl and black ultra. It's a very well made high quality shield. Bought it over the Memorial Day sale which was a great deal. Would recommend LRS to anyone looking at a new shield.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:24 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,524 Likes on 1,421 Posts

They are an outstanding company with an excellent product.
I recommend them highly!

Old 06-13-2016, 10:37 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I've had an LRS on my 2010 Ultra for quite sometime, very pleased with it.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:13 AM
dajogejr
Road Warrior
Received 868 Likes on 511 Posts

I've got three of them, an ultra regular, an ultra elite and a flattop for my 05 ultra.
Great service and great product.

Quick Reply: Another LRS review