Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Antigravity XP-10

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 05:55 PM
J929626
Road Master
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Last August I purchased an XP-10, from Amazon, for $123.00. The prices on these jump around.

Old 06-16-2016, 06:57 PM
hemi1300
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Love the antigravity units, bought the xp1 to keep on the bike. Friends trailblazer was dead the 1st week I got it and it worked numerous times jumping with a dead flat battery. Then bought the xp10 to keep in wife's jeep, while the xp10 has more cranking amps than the xp1, I find the smaller xp1 more suitable on the harley for saddlebag storage, and not really a need for the bigger xp10 for a motorcycle. Use the xp1 all the time to charge usb devices, then just toss it in the saddlebag when going for a ride

Old 06-16-2016, 07:52 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,863 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Originally Posted by jt metal
Lol, OK and thanks. You are talking about the pigtail for $25. Looks like it plugs into harness for trickle charger.

Is that the best way to jump start our bikes?
Yes, the battery pigtail for $25. You can't use the tender pigtail. As 4D_Footer noted below, the wire gauge of a tender pigtail is too small. Also, if you look at the end that plugs into the XP-10, it is curved. That's another reason a tender pigtail won't work with the XP-10. The pigtail for the XP-1, XP-3 and XP-5 are straight like a battery tender pigtail.

Is the XP-10 the best way to jump start your bike? Not necessarily but it is convenient and works well. The battery pigtail hooks up directly to the battery so it makes using the jump starter easy. As Vernal suggested below, you can also use the clamps on the starter (or the battery).

Originally Posted by 4D_Footer
According to Antigravity, you must use their jumpstart harness as the factory trickle charger wires are too thin and can burn up.
Originally Posted by Vernal
I would just use the clamps and hook the positive to the battery connection on the starter and the negative to a good frame ground.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:14 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

I have the XP3 with their pigtail. While $25 is a lot for the pigtail it makes things easier if you need a jump. You would have to remove your seat and it is unlikely that you could hook the jumpers to your battery because of the size.
Therefore it would likely require 2 people, one to touch the jumpers to the battery, the other to start the bike.
I have noticed that my battery tender keeps blinking green rather than the steady green when the battery is charged. It does charge tho
Also, the XP3 easily starts my F150.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:57 PM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

Heck, that jump box Walmart was clearing out several months ago has 400 amp output, and you could get one for about $20. That box was able to start my boat when I forgot to turn off the dash lights and killed the battery, that's a 4.3L V6, that cheapie jump box worked fine so it should be able to handle the Limited easily, as should any of the Antigravity models. And the battery harness from Antigravity fits my El cheapo jump box so I won't have to remove the seat to jump the bike. Still amazes me that little battery pack can crank over an engine.

Old 06-17-2016, 05:16 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Brewmany
Heck, that jump box Walmart was clearing out several months ago has 400 amp output, and you could get one for about $20. That box was able to start my boat when I forgot to turn off the dash lights and killed the battery, that's a 4.3L V6, that cheapie jump box worked fine so it should be able to handle the Limited easily, as should any of the Antigravity models. And the battery harness from Antigravity fits my El cheapo jump box so I won't have to remove the seat to jump the bike. Still amazes me that little battery pack can crank over an engine.
After buying the Antigravity xp3 I saw the one you bought was clearanced by Walmart for as little as $13 or so. Couldn't find them locally but a guy on the forum bought a bunch of them. Sold 4 of them to me at cost plus very minor shipping. Work just as good as my Antigravity (did a test) and holds a charge for at least 2 months.

Old 09-27-2016, 10:43 PM
Farmboy666
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by nvsteve
I bought the XP3 which coes the same as the XP10 except it dosen't charge phones. The real deal for about $60. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Walmart had a similar model they had at a clearance price of $15. Bought 4 of them for me and friends. We did multiple tests. They work.
Xp3 will charge phones but not laptops.

Old 09-27-2016, 10:49 PM
Farmboy666
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by nvsteve
I have the XP3 with their pigtail. While $25 is a lot for the pigtail it makes things easier if you need a jump. You would have to remove your seat and it is unlikely that you could hook the jumpers to your battery because of the size.
Therefore it would likely require 2 people, one to touch the jumpers to the battery, the other to start the bike.
I have noticed that my battery tender keeps blinking green rather than the steady green when the battery is charged. It does charge tho
Also, the XP3 easily starts my F150.
I have the xp3. I also bought 2 pigtails and both won't let me charge with a battery tender even though they came with the adapter. Was reading one of the reviews on amazon and guy said the polarity was reversed, going to check tomorrow. Lots of bad reviews but some good also so something's up.

Old 09-27-2016, 11:04 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,629 Likes on 1,177 Posts

Used my XP-10 to jump start a guy's shovel at the local dealer last weekend.

Bet he has one now

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the LINKS below...

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 09-28-2016, 07:03 AM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Farmboy666
I have the xp3. I also bought 2 pigtails and both won't let me charge with a battery tender even though they came with the adapter. Was reading one of the reviews on amazon and guy said the polarity was reversed, going to check tomorrow. Lots of bad reviews but some good also so something's up.
The battery tender cables aren't large enough to handle a jump start. The adapter is to put on the XP jumper cable so you can use the tender. No issues with polarity on mine.

Quick Reply: Antigravity XP-10