Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no forum member discounts from Baker for compensators

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 11:05 AM
grandparudy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no forum member discounts from Baker for compensators

I apologize if this is old news as I have not been a very active member. I just ordered a compensator for my 2007 street glide from Baker on the internet. I forgot about the 10%discount for forum members that I thought we received. I just called Baker and explained that I had ordered a compensator and forgot about the discount for forum members. The person I spoke to was not sure and said she would check and call me back. I received a call back and was told that Mark said there is no discount for compensators, just other parts. Though I did not get a forum member discount, I was very impressed with the politeness and respect I received from the company. Bakers employees are an asset to their company. I will be buying from Baker again. I just thought this might be of benefit to other members who thought they would get a discount when ordering a compensator from Baker. Thanks, Rudy

Old 06-27-2016, 11:47 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,245 Likes on 8,381 Posts

There are various economic reasons to discontinue a discount policy, especially in the present economic climate. Rest assured, Mark will treat you right no matter what the current conditions are.

Old 06-27-2016, 02:44 PM
Florida Swamp Yankee
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

After looking at the Baker site and others I ordered one from JP with a discount of about $50.00 with the gold club membership.

I was told 11-14 days out; today is day 15 and I'm still waiting. At the time it was not a problem as I still had to shop for clutch hub and bearings etc.

I did however get the Baker primary tensioner cheaper from JP too, it's sitting on the bench waiting...

Is Baker still behind in shipping the compensator?

Old 06-27-2016, 04:28 PM
10 Streetglide
5th Gear

Ordered a compensator & rotor from Baker. got both items in same box in 3 or 4 days. Part of that time was a weekend.

Old 06-27-2016, 04:37 PM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,856 Likes on 1,287 Posts

Originally Posted by grandparudy
I apologize if this is old news as I have not been a very active member. I just ordered a compensator for my 2007 street glide from Baker on the internet. I forgot about the 10%discount for forum members that I thought we received. I just called Baker and explained that I had ordered a compensator and forgot about the discount for forum members. The person I spoke to was not sure and said she would check and call me back. I received a call back and was told that Mark said there is no discount for compensators, just other parts. Though I did not get a forum member discount, I was very impressed with the politeness and respect I received from the company. Bakers employees are an asset to their company. I will be buying from Baker again. I just thought this might be of benefit to other members who thought they would get a discount when ordering a compensator from Baker. Thanks, Rudy
Thanks you for your kind words. Yes the forum discount applies to everything but the compensator ( I know it sucks, but it's not my call so don't beat me).

Old 06-27-2016, 04:40 PM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,856 Likes on 1,287 Posts

Originally Posted by Florida Swamp Yankee
After looking at the Baker site and others I ordered one from JP with a discount of about $50.00 with the gold club membership.

I was told 11-14 days out; today is day 15 and I'm still waiting. At the time it was not a problem as I still had to shop for clutch hub and bearings etc.

I did however get the Baker primary tensioner cheaper from JP too, it's sitting on the bench waiting...

Is Baker still behind in shipping the compensator?
JP just ordered more, they are going through them pretty quick. We do have parts shortages here and there but normally its no more then a week. Not defending J&P or making excuses for them but they just went through a huge warehousing move so I'm sure it's not easy.

Old 06-27-2016, 05:11 PM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

This morning I saw J&P has a banner on their page when you go to check out that it is taking 3-5 days to fill orders. So that is 3-5 on top of what the shipping option is.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:04 PM
grandparudy
Intermediate

Please don't get me wrong. I am in no way complaining about not getting a discount. I was just trying to inform the forum of the change. I have received much more from this forum and Mark than I could ever give in return. I was so impressed and pleased with the people on the phone that I was not disappointed in not getting the discount. The people at Baker are outstanding! I will do business with them in the future and will refer people to them. Oh, and my part has already been shipped out today after ordering on the weekend. LONG LIVE THE FORUM!

Old 06-27-2016, 07:05 PM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 414 Likes on 297 Posts

Eastern performance had mine here in 2 days at a small discount. But as was said. Mark and the Baker crew are nothing but professionals.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:28 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,524 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Yep, Mark is a straight up Dude.

Quick Reply: no forum member discounts from Baker for compensators