Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6x12 trailer...will 2 baggers fit?

Old 08-23-2016, 07:48 PM
groovna
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
I don't see what's going to keep that bike in the back from sliding forward in a panic stop. Looks like the chock is just sitting there and the black straps running to the floor are nearly perpendicular to the bike. Straps, straps, straps!!! You can't have too many and you can utilize that Etrac on the walls!!!! I've seen too many people open trailers and start crying because they didn't know how to secure their bikes.
There are more straps in there than you can see, wheel chocks are bolted to the floor, 2x4's screwed to the floor around the rear wheels etc. etc. Went for a 50 mile ride down some local rough roads bikes are rock solid and don't even wiggle. Wasn't going to post a dozen pics to satisfy the haters I can see I should've have posted this due to all the critics. It's amazing how often people are cut down on this forum!

Old 08-23-2016, 07:59 PM
chapmast
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your setup looks good to me. I have both bikes facing forward. Did not think about putting one in facing the rear. I may have to rearrange things.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:11 PM
groovna
Cruiser

Originally Posted by chapmast
Your setup looks good to me. I have both bikes facing forward. Did not think about putting one in facing the rear. I may have to rearrange things.
It does create quite a bit more room

Old 08-23-2016, 09:02 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by groovna
There are more straps in there than you can see, wheel chocks are bolted to the floor, 2x4's screwed to the floor around the rear wheels etc. etc. Went for a 50 mile ride down some local rough roads bikes are rock solid and don't even wiggle. Wasn't going to post a dozen pics to satisfy the haters I can see I should've have posted this due to all the critics. It's amazing how often people are cut down on this forum!
been
I'm not trying to cut you down. I've seen many many people that just don't understand how to secure bikes properly and wanted to make sure you didn't end up with 2 bikes needing expensive repair bills! I highly recommend double straps on the front forks also (which you have) in case one breaks or comes loose. Unfortunately that also happens quite often from people using cheap non ratcheting straps. I am just way overly cautious when it comes to hauling 800-1000 lb bikes!

Old 08-23-2016, 09:23 PM
RollTideRoadGlide
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

It will fit. Here is a picture from our trip to daytona bike week.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:33 PM
DaytonaMark
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we have a 7x14 v-nose and use condor chocks and e-track and are able to haul 3 baggers in plus extras.

Old 08-24-2016, 01:02 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Not knowing anything about you or your trailering knowledge, one other thing you really need to consider with the bikes loaded like that is tongue weight. I think you might be a bit light (really depends on axle location) because the heaviest part of the back bike is to the rear. In high winds, passing semis, sudden panic maneuvers, high speed interstates, etc, you can get severe trailer sway with a light tongue weight. Don't know your travel plans but I would recommend piling a bunch of heavy items like coolers, luggage, etc in the front of the trailer to add some more weight. You'll need somewhere around 300- 350lbs of tongue weight with that setup. Again I am not criticizing but just trying to help. Proper tongue weight is critical. I tow an enclosed trailer or toyhauler camper nearly every day for the past thirty years making my living.

Last edited by tnriverluver; 08-24-2016 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:50 PM
groovna
Cruiser

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
Not knowing anything about you or your trailering knowledge, one other thing you really need to consider with the bikes loaded like that is tongue weight. I think you might be a bit light (really depends on axle location) because the heaviest part of the back bike is to the rear. In high winds, passing semis, sudden panic maneuvers, high speed interstates, etc, you can get severe trailer sway with a light tongue weight. Don't know your travel plans but I would recommend piling a bunch of heavy items like coolers, luggage, etc in the front of the trailer to add some more weight. You'll need somewhere around 300- 350lbs of tongue weight with that setup. Again I am not criticizing but just trying to help. Proper tongue weight is critical. I tow an enclosed trailer or toyhauler camper nearly every day for the past thirty years making my living.
we did consider that and it turned out there is more than enough tongue weight, the front bike is nearly all ahead of the axle and about a 1/3 of the rear bike is THANKS!!

Old 08-24-2016, 06:52 PM
clc3251
Advanced

Tongue weight depends on a lot of things. I have a 6x12 V-nose with the wheels towards the back of the trailer and I have to put my E-Glide all the way at the back just to get 300lbs of tongue weight. if I moved it forward or loaded another bagger forward of it, I would be way overweight on the tongue. Bottom line is that you need to load it and check the tongue weight. too much tongue weight is very dangerous as well as it can actually lift your front wheels up enough to compromise your steering, especially under hard braking.

Old 04-22-2017, 08:11 AM
Phillyfire
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Grooves I am thinking of buying a 6x 12 v nose trailer. Mist times will only trailer 1 bike, but on rate occasions I may trailer 2 bikes...could u pls send me some pics of ur set up...i did notice the 1 pic u sent...thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6x12 trailer...will 2 baggers fit?