Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Outstanding Dealership Experience (Not HD)

Old 07-07-2016, 07:21 PM
rigwood
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Outstanding Dealership Experience (Not HD)

I had an incredible experience with a dealership that I thought was worth telling. I have a 2010 Ultra Classic that I wanted to have converted into a trike, using a California Side Car Trike kit. After a lot of discussion with CSC, licensed CSC installers (including two Harley dealers) I came upon Turn One Motorsports in Plymouth, IN. They were licensed to install the CSC kit for Harley’s and their price was less than half of what a Harley dealer wanted to do the exact same work. Turn One did an awesome job and have a custom painter on board as well (adjacent business) so I had them wet sand the clear coat and pin stripe the kit to match the bike. Beautiful job and very reasonable price!
However, the reason for the post is to point out just how incredible their customer service is. I picked up the trike and a few days later, my wife and I took off on a trip with another couple. About 400 miles from home, I thought I had a drive belt slippage issue and called the dealership. This was on a Friday afternoon. Andy, the owner, dropped everything and started calling around to see what options we had in the area to have the trike brought in somewhere and have it looked at. No one had time to get it in so Andy did an incredible thing in my opinion. On a busy Friday afternoon, he loaded up a trike he had in stock and took off to my location, over 6 hours away. He got there about 10:30PM, dropped off a trike for me, loaded up my trike and took it back to his shop. His generosity and dedication to customer satisfaction saved our trip. We continued on the next day and had a great time. I don’t know of too many dealers (of any brand) that would go to this extreme. He had already offered to pay for any repair if we could have found a shop close by but to stop everything and bring me a bike is beyond anything I would have expected. Sure, some might say I should not have had an issue. But two service techs were literally waiting for the phone to ring to rush home and take their wife’s in for deliveries so it was a hectic time at the shop to say the least. Not to mention, things happen. I would have preferred more time to ride the trike locally to get any bugs worked out and get familiar with it but the trip was planned and off we went. This was on my shoulders… I simply waited too long to have the work done. Turn One met the schedule they promised. When our trip was over, we dropped off the loaned trike, mine was all ready to go, so we headed home with a great trip in the books, thanks to one hell of a good guy.
So, I can highly recommend Turn One for California Side Car Trike installations as they do beautiful work but they also take care of the customer like no place I’ve seen. They treated my bike like it was their own and allowed me all the interaction I needed.
I hope you find this helpful if you are considering a CSC Trike kit or need anything Turn One Motorsports has to offer. They are an exemplary organization.

The following users liked this post:
dodger413 (07-07-2016)
Old 07-07-2016, 07:42 PM
sh4325
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Great story!

Old 07-07-2016, 07:51 PM
muddmann
Tourer
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Just wonderful!!!

Old 07-07-2016, 10:13 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

There are some really great people in this world.

Old 07-08-2016, 04:15 AM
BlueBeast
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

That's a real stand-up guy there and good to hear their are some good dealers like that out there. When you said outstanding I KNEW you couldn't be talking about HD. I have only used HD service 4 times (2 diff dealers) in my life and all 4 times they managed to screw something up that I had to go back and fix myself so I have absolutely 0 faith in HD so-called techs, they suck! Since that I do my own wrenching and services so no more headaches. So what was wrong with your bike ... did the belt just loosen up or not tight enough in the first place?

Old 07-08-2016, 05:13 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,510 Likes on 6,269 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBeast
That's a real stand-up guy there and good to hear their are some good dealers like that out there. When you said outstanding I KNEW you couldn't be talking about HD. I have only used HD service 4 times (2 diff dealers) in my life and all 4 times they managed to screw something up that I had to go back and fix myself so I have absolutely 0 faith in HD so-called techs, they suck! Since that I do my own wrenching and services so no more headaches. So what was wrong with your bike ... did the belt just loosen up or not tight enough in the first place?
I have never had a bad service experience at a Harley dealer. Sauk Prairie did $3,500 sort of work bike when it was 12 years old. Runs better than new now. Estimates were detailed and actual work was less than estimated.
OP, it's nice to see you acknowledge a good experience.

Old 07-09-2016, 07:29 AM
HannibalSmith
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBeast
That's a real stand-up guy there and good to hear their are some good dealers like that out there. When you said outstanding I KNEW you couldn't be talking about HD. I have only used HD service 4 times (2 diff dealers) in my life and all 4 times they managed to screw something up that I had to go back and fix myself so I have absolutely 0 faith in HD so-called techs, they suck! Since that I do my own wrenching and services so no more headaches.
Sadly I've had the same experience. I'm of the newer demographic that Harley wants to attract, but I think this'll be my last.

Bought the bike in December of 15'. First 5k service the dealer returned the bike to me with an oil leak (faulty umbrella valve). Took 2 weeks to get my bike back. (and there was no refund of the $400+ service).

Different dealer, took it in for a fault gear indicator and gas cap. Made an appointment two weeks out and it still took a week. At both locations, I had to call to get an update on my bike. Ridiculous.

Old 07-09-2016, 08:15 AM
CanonSterVA
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Glad to hear of your great experience.
Great dealerships are hard to find.
Enjoy your ride.
Myron

Old 07-09-2016, 09:20 AM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

great to hear. you can't beat that. i think i'd be a customer for life....

Old 07-09-2016, 10:00 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

Customer service is not dead it would appear. Great story.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Outstanding Dealership Experience (Not HD)