Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accessory swicth

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 06:48 AM
bladeguy
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Accessory swicth

I need to hook up a CB that I need to be able to turn power on and off via the accessory switch on a 2012 Ultra Classic Limited. Under the seat I found a two female connector. I could have sworn this turns on with the bike, however neither has power. Under the left side cover I found a four hole connector (has both male and female sides but not connected). This looks like what I have seen as the accessory connector. However, none of these are powered at all either. I checked the accessory fuse and it looked good. I checked a few other likely candidate fuses and they were good. Everything else works so I did not check all the fuses - I suppose that could be step 1. Any other thoughts? Is the 4 pronger it - and if so why no power. The accessory switch lights up when I turn it on. Oddly is still lights up when I pull the accessory fuse. Update - I pulled all the 15 amp fuses - they all look good...

Old 07-10-2016, 06:53 AM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 632 Likes on 504 Posts

the acc circuit is on the P&A fuse.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:59 AM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 371 Likes on 321 Posts

I can't say where the acc connector is on the 12 but on my 07 it's under the seat. I believe many later models have it under the left side cover so you have probably found it.
How are you testing it?
This is how it wires. Viewed from the open end with clip on top.
Top left- ground - black wire
Top right - green wire - ignition only, ignition switch must be in on or accessory position.
Bottom left - orange wire - ignition switch and dash switch must both be on.
Bottom right - red wire with white tracer - brake light circuit for adding additional brake lights.
A Google search will give you several wiring diagrams and photos.

Old 07-10-2016, 09:30 AM
Dharn55
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

On my 2012 Road Glide Ultra the accessories plug is under the seat. I use it for my Road Zepplin seat.

Old 07-10-2016, 05:33 PM
head
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

My 98 RK had it under the left cover. When I bought my 06 RK, I looked under the cover and there it was....NOT. It was the diagnostic connector ( not sure of proper name). Looked just like the 98 accessory plug. I still haven't found the correct one on the 06. Haven't really had a need for it yet.

Head

Old 07-10-2016, 06:13 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,254 Likes on 11,139 Posts

Should be the same as on my '12 TriGlide. . It's a great connector, with 4 wires. Lift up the ECU off the battery, and look along the front side of the battery. It took me a while to find it...dont give up. Also, you can get the matching connector with harness from the dealer.

Good luck...

Old 07-11-2016, 07:11 AM
hooter57
Cruiser
Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

I just used my to power some caliper mounted driving lights, it was under the seat on an 09. Really had to dig around to find it, it was kinda hidden almost under the gas tank. Had a rubber plug attached to it to keep the weather out.

Old 07-11-2016, 12:53 PM
bladeguy
Tourer

Originally Posted by ORradtech
I can't say where the acc connector is on the 12 but on my 07 it's under the seat. I believe many later models have it under the left side cover so you have probably found it.
How are you testing it?
This is how it wires. Viewed from the open end with clip on top.
Top left- ground - black wire
Top right - green wire - ignition only, ignition switch must be in on or accessory position.
Bottom left - orange wire - ignition switch and dash switch must both be on.
Bottom right - red wire with white tracer - brake light circuit for adding additional brake lights.
A Google search will give you several wiring diagrams and photos.
I am using one of those simple probes that you clip on to ground and lights up when there is power. I tested my ground spot with a hot wire and it lit up. When I inserted into the four holes it did not.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:22 PM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 371 Likes on 321 Posts

Did you have the ignition switch on? Also the accessory switch on the faring on? We're the wire colors a match, if not check your FSM for the wire colors for your model year. Are you sure your probe is making contact with the wire/pin in the connector?
With the switches on you should only have power to 2 of the 4 wires. The ground obviously won't and the brake won't unless a brake is being applied.

Old 07-12-2016, 10:20 AM
bladeguy
Tourer

Originally Posted by ORradtech
Did you have the ignition switch on? Also the accessory switch on the faring on? We're the wire colors a match, if not check your FSM for the wire colors for your model year. Are you sure your probe is making contact with the wire/pin in the connector?
With the switches on you should only have power to 2 of the 4 wires. The ground obviously won't and the brake won't unless a brake is being applied.
Ignition in accessory mode and tried with aux swith on and off as well as brake. Nothing. Pretty sure I was making contact. I will verify the wire colors...

Quick Reply: Accessory swicth