Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rumors of HD's new engines

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 07:26 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,413 Likes on 4,017 Posts

Originally Posted by Retrop
I am curious how you came to order a 2017 bike before the dealers have even received the first shipment, much less seen them??

Perhaps you meant that you gave the dealer a down payment and expressed a "desire" to buy one when they come in. Unless something has changed recently you could not order a new bike to be built to your specifications by the MOCO. I have always thought that was a mistake, but that is the way it has been.
I've ordered a bike from a dealer before, but it wasn't built to my specs. They just ordered the make/model/color I wanted. It came in about 3 months later, and they added a few extras for me... But the day I gave them my deposit, I knew the cost of the bike and what I was going to pay....

It would be interesting to see how someone could order a bike the dealer knows nothing about..... colors, options, or even price.....

Old 07-31-2016, 01:03 AM
Lu
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by MoRider
Well with the 4 valve heads and two spark plugs per cylinder it definitely will be a better performance engine, Numbers I've heard around the campfire are over a 100 HP 120 ft lbs of TQ
Whoa!!! those are nice numbers, hope those are from the rear wheel and not from the crank.

Old 07-31-2016, 06:36 AM
piper59
Elite HDF Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 625 Posts

Originally Posted by piper59
I'm thinking tomorrow might be a good day to get a 2016.Let those that have to have a 2017 be the guinea pigs.
Well, I went for a deal at the local Harley shop but they didn't want to give me what I wanted for mine(2011 SG,merlot sunglo) & I refused to cave.Said nobody wants a 96 cu engine.Was looking at a 16 RGS.I like how it handled but a ton of wind in the ears,figured a new windshield would cure some of that.So,guess I'll wait on the 17's and rethink what I'm gonna do.Probably try another dealer for a 16 somewhere else.

Old 07-31-2016, 09:15 AM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,482 Likes on 1,541 Posts

well if you look close the first bike does not have a complete serial number on it. what's this mean ? prototype ? that's my guess, could be wrong though.

Old 07-31-2016, 12:52 PM
RevBlk
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 62 Posts

I ordered my 07 in July of 2006. It's a POSE RK. That's the only way you could get one then. Mine has factory cruise and alarm which I specially requested.Usually those options are only available on the RK Classic. It was before the dealer meeting so I didn't know for sure if I was getting the 96 6 speed. Although the owner was pretty sure that then like now the MOCO was coming out with a new power train. YMMV.

Old 08-02-2016, 06:26 AM
liquidr1
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYER
Since when is solid lifters and adjustable valves a step forward? That's what I really want, a scheduled valve adjustment.

Probably the redesign was for EPA issues. I can't imagine how the engine could actually be much of an improvement in performance. I will be curious if folks will really be able to feel a seat of the pants positive experience, like smoother, more torque, better throttle response, etc.

By the way, I own a "last year" shovelhead, a "last year evo" and there are definately driveability and performance issues as well as the ergonomics and every step is a large improvement. Maybe this new engine will be such but I am so impressed with my 103 in my Rushmore Limited I am skeptical.

Perhaps it still has hydraulic lifters. Perhaps they designed in an adjustable valve setup to eliminate the need for adjustable pushrods for the vast array of aftermarket cams on the market.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:08 PM
gamble71
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 27,633 Likes on 9,199 Posts

Unless they attach a springer front end to it.... I don't care how much power it makes.

Old 08-03-2016, 05:31 AM
Drtumolo
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

With the 2017 bikes about to hit the showroom is anyone finding discounts on the 2016 bikes? I am in the market for a 2016 SGS but feel they should be making deals to move the inventory. Nobody is making deals locally yet.

Old 08-03-2016, 06:46 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,629 Likes on 1,177 Posts

Originally Posted by Drtumolo
With the 2017 bikes about to hit the showroom is anyone finding discounts on the 2016 bikes? I am in the market for a 2016 SGS but feel they should be making deals to move the inventory. Nobody is making deals locally yet.
Same around here. Despite the "move 'em out" stories I read on here, dealers in this area don't seem in any rush, showrooms are bursting.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the LINKS below...

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 08-03-2016, 07:20 AM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,506 Likes on 1,076 Posts

Originally Posted by Drtumolo
Was in Orlando last week and visited Seminole HD. All the touring bikes had big tags with $3250 off. They had a few SGS.

Last edited by RKZen; 08-03-2016 at 07:22 AM.

Quick Reply: Rumors of HD's new engines