Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King KW vs LRS

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 10:11 PM
SnoRider
Road Warrior
Received 254 Likes on 145 Posts
Default Road King KW vs LRS

Ok dudes, sorry fo the repost. I am trying to find someone who has tried the LRS windshield and the Billboard Flare in a Road King. All the threads I find are on fairing bikes. Thanks!

Old 08-11-2016, 11:02 PM
JonnyVegas
Cruiser
Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts

cant help you with the KWS, but I do have the LRS. I used to to go cross country and was very pleased with it.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:36 PM
Rat Trap
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by SnoRider
Ok dudes, sorry for the repost. I am trying to find someone who has tried the LRS windshield and the Billboard Flare in a Road King. All the threads I find are on fairing bikes. Thanks!
I've used both. The Billboard Flare is without a doubt the best of the bunch, for me anyway.

Old 08-12-2016, 07:35 AM
Lighteye
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I ordered a 22" Clearview with recurve for my '15 RK last week and will post a review up when it gets here if you can wait that long or are interested in them at all.

The head buffeting with the stock 20" causes brutal headaches when the air is shoved right up into the front lip of the helmet rim. It's far less painful to ride with no helmet....until I have to eat asphalt again.

Old 08-12-2016, 07:42 AM
Firenailer
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 95 Posts

I fooled around with different shields (16",18"LRS, 18"HD, and cut down HD). What finally cured the buffeting was the fork mounted wind deflectors and the between the fork Kuryakn ashtray deflector. I'm currently running that and the HD 18" which is just below my line of sight and I'm in a nice pocket with zero buffeting issues at any speed.

The following users liked this post:
karlkcfi (10-23-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 07:56 AM
Lighteye
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Firenailer
I fooled around with different shields (16",18"LRS, 18"HD, and cut down HD). What finally cured the buffeting was the fork mounted wind deflectors and the between the fork Kuryakn ashtray deflector. I'm currently running that and the HD 18" which is just below my line of sight and I'm in a nice pocket with zero buffeting issues at any speed.
My issue is that the stock 20" shield sits just under chin level and I get blasted. Hopefully the CVS corrects this. I'm not picky over brands, I just want something that works as intended for another 100k miles.

Old 08-12-2016, 08:30 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

I have a billboard flare on my Heritage. It has made a world of difference. Very good windscreen.

Old 08-12-2016, 04:54 PM
Tedjay
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've tried the LRS and the KlockWerks Billboard Flare on my RK. My experiences with both are: The LRS is a good shield, provides a good view with no distortion when looking through it and the recurve worked well, but I found the shield a bit too narrow for me. The Flare is also a good shield, but is wider which I prefer. And my Flare is what I would consider "colorless", which I prefer, whereas my LRS, though a clear shield (not tinted), isn't quite as colorless as my Flare but does come close, in my opinion. I believe they're both fine shields.

Last edited by Tedjay; 08-12-2016 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-12-2016, 05:13 PM
Rat Trap
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Tedjay
I believe they're both fine shields.
Yep, you'll probably need to try both and see which works best for you. Kinda nice that there're choices.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:53 PM
83redgt
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

2016 RK, the stock too high for me, right at eye level, distorts things like when on curves or up and down hills, got LRS 18 big diff in buff and vision, matches up right where it should under nose by lips, nothing over the top due to curved top, loved it on my switchback, love it on the RK, havent tried the KW so dont have an opinion on it,

Quick Reply: Road King KW vs LRS