Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics from my trip to Tel Aviv Harley Davidson

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 04:41 PM
Ride my Seesaw
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,558 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by Aces and 8s
Thank's for sharing, some cool photos!

Were the Israeli military guys as bad *** as we hear about?
The military guys shown in the op's pictures are actually Border Police. In Israel there is national service where everybody must serve, men and women alike, so there is a good cross section of book worms and computer nerds up to testosterone driven "bad asses," you get the whole gamut.

Old 08-24-2016, 08:55 PM
TXNT
Road Captain
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Very cool. Thank you for sharing your trip and pics!

Old 08-24-2016, 09:17 PM
loopy
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Isreal trip

Great pics! How was the riding?, did you put on many miles and did you feel safe.

Thanks,
Loopy

Old 08-25-2016, 08:51 AM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

Oh, man, your pics gave me goosebumps - we were just there last month and I know exactly what you mean about some of the sites. You could almost say it's a life-changing experience. I've been to the Vatican many times, and a lot of the major cathedrals in Europe, and although they're spectacular to see, none of them have the spirituality of the sites in Israel and Turkey.

We didn't make it to Tel Aviv except to go to Ben Gurion on our way home. We stayed in Haifa and did day trips to Jerusalem, Nazareth, Bethlehem, Magdala, Rosh HaNikra, Acre...it was amazing, all of it. And of course, the only H-D dealer in the country is in Tel Aviv, so no t-shirt for this guy. I've picked up shirts from Barcelona, Dubrovnik, Istanbul and a few other places but none from Israel.

Thanks for sharing your pics - brought back some great memories!!

Old 08-30-2016, 05:48 AM
jpalm
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dixonk
Do they rent Harley's there as well? Awhile back I saw a motorcycle tour company that operates out of Israel and they used BMW GSs for the tour. Was wanting to make the trip with my wife.
I asked and was told they don't. According to my research, they are the only HD dealer in the entire country.

Old 08-30-2016, 05:52 AM
jpalm
Road Captain

Originally Posted by loopy
Great pics! How was the riding?, did you put on many miles and did you feel safe.

Thanks,
Loopy
Didn't get a chance to ride. I wouldn't want to anyway, that traffic was the most insane I've ever been in and I've driven in every major city on the east coast. I rented an Opel, which is about the size of a Prius and it was still a tight fit everywhere I went. Overall I never felt like I was in any great danger. We stayed away from areas of potential danger, but it's still the Middle East so you never feel 100% safe.

Last edited by jpalm; 08-30-2016 at 06:01 AM.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:57 AM
jpalm
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Aces and 8s
Thank's for sharing, some cool photos!

Were the Israeli military guys as bad *** as we hear about?
Initially they were a little standoffish, but my girlfriend is from there and we were with one of her brothers who is high ranking in the IDF. Once he told them who he was and that I was an American police officer they became very friendly. One of the female officers begged me to bring her home with me and didn't seem to care about my girlfriend being there.

Old 08-30-2016, 06:43 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,341 Likes on 3,277 Posts

Originally Posted by jpalm
Initially they were a little standoffish, but my girlfriend is from there and we were with one of her brothers who is high ranking in the IDF. Once he told them who he was and that I was an American police officer they became very friendly. One of the female officers begged me to bring her home with me and didn't seem to care about my girlfriend being there.
So do you have 2 girlfriends , new girlfriend or same girlfriend now? Lol.... What does MOT mean?

Old 08-30-2016, 08:07 AM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

MOT means Member Of the Tribe (in other words Jewish).

Last time I was in Israel I didn't get to the HD store, next time for sure. My mom wants to be buried there so I guess at some point I will be going again.

If anybody gets a chance to visit Israel I say do it. It's an amazing country, very small but very beautiful, so much history not just biblical history. I've never felt unsafe there.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:21 PM
Vet eran (HwyFuzz)
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnut1
Nice pics, thanks for sharing. I visited Tel Aviv for just a few hours back in the 80's when our Navy crew stopped in to pic up a passenger. Bought a really cool silver plated tray that I thought was for deviled eggs. Although the indents looked like they were for ostrich eggs. Years later my son was getting married to a Jewish girl. And out of coincidence I was selling some of my things to downsize and get some money for the wedding. I researched this tray to put on ebay. found out it was a Jewish New Year tray. They put different types of food on it and celebrate the new year with family eating off of the tray. I was able to give it to them for one of their wedding gifts. She was excited because her Grandma had one, and her Mother had one. Now her and my Son has one. I remember it was a very friendly atmosphere. Maybe go back some day.
Thats a great story. Mazel!

Quick Reply: Pics from my trip to Tel Aviv Harley Davidson